Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[0.8.8] Ability to View All Facebook Friends in Follow Tab

Please note: This idea only applies to Spotify desktop clients 0.8.8+

Since the latest Spotify release (at time of writing only rolled out to around 1% of users) the "People" tab has been removed and replaced with the new "Follow" tab. The functionality is great actually, allowing you to follow your friends as well as artists.

However, I really miss the ability to view all of my Facebook friends like in the People tab in the old client. In the new system, the Follow tab only offers suggestions and it is difficult to locate a single friend. 

All I am suggesting is a simple "View All" button in the Follow tab:

spotify follow view all.png

Which would allow me to view all of my Facebook friends with the Follow/Unfollow buttons shown, therefore making it easy to find a single friend, rather than currently having to either dig up a playlist from Facebook online or coninually refreshing the suggestions box.

Handy Tip: 

If you are connected to Facebook, you can view any friends profile by typing their name into the main desktop search box, their profile should be offered as a suggestion under the heading "Users" (image in spoiler below). This however is not replacement for being able to view all of your friends!

Spoiler
users.png

Peter

Updated: 2015-09-16

Hey everyone. You can now follow all your Facebook friends on Spotify. From the Desktop app go to Activity > View All. From there you can filter by name to find the Facebook friends you want to follow. 

Screen Shot 2015-09-16 at 5.46.52 PM.png

Comments
ainatlanta

Bring back the Facebook friend feed!

cocobrat

i have to admit, when I first joined spotify back in sept I had to get used to the friend activity feed b/c it wasn't something i was used to w/a music platform.  then the more i used spotify, I realized the activity feed was so much a part of what made it special & unique from other services.  you could sord-of be a voyeur into your friends musical tastes while discovering new music.  plus, it's called 'social media' for a reason ... you go online to these type of sites to be part of a community of ppl ... when you take that away & ask us to 'follow' our friends, it becomes not only cumbersome, but also takes away part of the appeal.  i enjoyed seeing the feed, but don't want to have to follow ppl b/c of a personal privacy thing - if they are my facebook friend, i don't mind them seeing my stuff & likewise.  otherwise we would delete him/her from facebook and if we want to follow anyone else, give us that choice.  by taking that away, spotify is essentially shooting itself in the foot ... big time.  that is all part of the charm that led spotify to the success it now has w/6 MILLION paying customers!  i don't want to follow some artist / band that i'm pretty certain is not sitting on spotify creating playlists ... feel like it is marketing in the most obnoxious way! 

RossMusic

This is the best Idea out there for this issue. Spotify needs to bring back the old feed. I don't want to take the time to follow people when it was already done for me, nor do I want anyone to know that I follow them.

NsFettinger

"Don’t worry," they said.

"You’ll still be able to find your friend again by typing their name into the main Search box," they said.

Nope, didn't work... solutions???

anrefsah

"You’ll still be able to find your friend again by typing their name into the main Search box," 

Does not work!

booree

This is not a darn FCBK .. I pay for what I want .. and I want option to have a friend list back on the right side.

I am used to share new trance tracks with lots of trance lover friends and DJs .. I will not be doing this all night by picking each one by name. This feature decided me to stay with spotify .. 3 years subscriber of 2 accounts.

darn you Spotify .. if it aint broke don't fix it .. First rule of development. Add more functionality not get rid of it.

Please first fire the genius who decide to do so.. then fix it .. pisss.. of user

jonscilz

agree!

kjarha

KUDOS! give us somthing useful spotify!

fawenah

Browsing friends and their playlists (ALL of them, not just 6 at a time) and the (previous) activity feed was one of the best features of Spotify.

Now I have to keep refreshing untill I find the friend I'm looking for since I do not know their username.

I like the idea of following people and artists, but removing the old feature is something I consider a mistake. Preferably both of them should be possible with a "choice" to display your follow feed or your friend feed. But if we'r just allowed to choose one I prefer the old one.

I do not want to have to "Follow" every single one of my friends just to be able to find new music.

Peter__

This feature is badly needed! Come on Spotify please? 

Peter