Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[0.8.8] Ability to View All Facebook Friends in Follow Tab

Please note: This idea only applies to Spotify desktop clients 0.8.8+

Since the latest Spotify release (at time of writing only rolled out to around 1% of users) the "People" tab has been removed and replaced with the new "Follow" tab. The functionality is great actually, allowing you to follow your friends as well as artists.

However, I really miss the ability to view all of my Facebook friends like in the People tab in the old client. In the new system, the Follow tab only offers suggestions and it is difficult to locate a single friend. 

All I am suggesting is a simple "View All" button in the Follow tab:

spotify follow view all.png

Which would allow me to view all of my Facebook friends with the Follow/Unfollow buttons shown, therefore making it easy to find a single friend, rather than currently having to either dig up a playlist from Facebook online or coninually refreshing the suggestions box.

Handy Tip: 

If you are connected to Facebook, you can view any friends profile by typing their name into the main desktop search box, their profile should be offered as a suggestion under the heading "Users" (image in spoiler below). This however is not replacement for being able to view all of your friends!

Spoiler
users.png

Peter

Updated: 2015-09-16

Hey everyone. You can now follow all your Facebook friends on Spotify. From the Desktop app go to Activity > View All. From there you can filter by name to find the Facebook friends you want to follow. 

Screen Shot 2015-09-16 at 5.46.52 PM.png

Comments
Tähetolm

Have same problem as last two persons - I can find people by search but 'find friends' list is empy. I don't have even anywhere to click to find them..

Spoiler

Spoiler

Ralooca

I don't have a button to find friends either. What is wrong with the app? I am using the iphone app mainly and I am connected through facebook.

MSAESQ

I know its a longshot getting feedback on this but for at least the past 4 weeks on my Spotify free Account (I access mainly on my PC/Chrome/Windows) I click on Find Friends only to be informed "sorry we Couldn't Load Friends to Follow".

My previously loaded Friends always are displayed but I cannot Load a Chance to Follow new Spotify/Facebook friends.

Any assistance or explanation greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.