[0.8.8] Album artwork on Artist pages is too Large

Please note: This idea only applies to Spotify client version 0.8.8+

I will admit this is partly my idea, but it has also been pointed out by Dvipe19 on this Idea

On the latest client, the size of the album artwork has been increased, meaning that there is less room to display track information alongside it. 

idea artwork too big.png

There should be an option to change the size of this album artwork (or turn it off completely). 

Alternatively, the album artwork could be shrunk to be the same size as it is for singles:

idea artwork singles.png

For comparison, this is what album artwork was displayed like in 0.8.5 (thanks to David for the screenshot)

Screen Shot 2013-03-14 at 12.31.35.png

Thoughts?

Peter

Updated: 2015-08-05

Hey folks. With the launch of our darker theme last year this idea has now been implemented. Keep the feedback coming everyone, thanks!

Comments
Sam
Spotify
Spotify
Status changed to: New Idea

The new version sucks. I hate this new white theme. TopTracks has no option to set start on songs and yes the artwork is to large. Instead letting users see full res covers they made artwork a little bit large. 

MattSuda
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Not too big for me

isolomon90

I agree with you.  I not only dislike the fact that less track information is displayed, but I also find it more difficult to use.  I really liked the old version that displayed more information, more results, and frankly, was easier on my eyes.  

dinky

Totally agree. Now the track lengths are vanished aswell in the top 5 ( 10 ). It bugs me... and it all seems that little bit slower aswell.

Peter__
Community Legend

This appears to have been implemented in 0.8.8.450 😄

Peter

user-removed
Not applicable

I do not think the cover art is too large. I prefer the cover art only view. It is rather simple to toggle track view. I do NOT like the new white background.

MJura

The new look is just awful. I often listen to music at night. I mean not only listen but also search a lot. And this white just hurts my eyes....... Really bad idea 😞 Anyone know where i can download old version with grey bg?

mrmillsy
Music Fan

Yes, it is too large.  This new version sucks for many reasons, this is one of them.

nk
Roadie

Agree.  Kudos +1