Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[0.8.8] Bring back play all songs by artist

Since the new artist details page was introduced (with the white background) the behaviour of playback has changed.  Previously if you double-clicked a song it would queue up all of the other songs by that artist.  Now all it does is queue up that album (or single!).  You can select all the songs manually and explicitly add them to the queue, but this isn't intuitive and doesn't support shuffle.

The only way I've been able to figure out how to listen to all songs by a particular artist is to create a playlist, and then add all that artists songs, which soon clutters up the sidebar!

Hello folks!

We've begun rolling out a new version of Spotify which includes this feature. We're rolling new version out over the coming days so if you haven't already, you should be able to update soon.

Thanks so much for the feedback, we love it. 

🙂

Comments
webdisaster

What version of the app was this implemented on? I have 0.6.4.2 and I don't see this functionality. I'm a new user though, so maybe I just don't know how to get to it. It's a feature I'd really like though...

EDIT: I see now that the OP was referring to the desktop client. Is there any way to shuffle all songs by an artist on the iPhone app?

norisounds
Hi there, How do you access this feature in 0.9.0.133 ? I have looked all over the place for this and it is super annoying. Is it just so obvious that I dont see it?
Peter__

You shouldn't need to do anything 😉 

If you start playback from an artist page, it will treat all of the tracks on that page as 1 "playlist" meaning you can shuffle the whole page if you like. Whereas in v0.8.8 it would only play the selected album at one time.

Peter

hot4fonzie

BRING BACK 'PLAY ALL BY ARTIST'  

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS FEATURE WOULD BE TAKEN AWAY.  THIS IS MAKING SPOTIFY LAME SO NOW I'M WAITING FOR SOMETHING BETTER AND NOT RECOMMENDING SPOTIFY TO ANYONE.

erroredout

I will not subscribe until I know this feature works the way it should. Right now I click Shuffle Play on an artist and each time it plays the popular songs. It does not shuffle play all the artists albums!!!! Either Spotify is intentionally hiding features that increase their overhead or they think they know what I want to hear. I will not pay for any service that does either. 

I want to give somebody my money for a good music service! Rdio is up next......

Hey Spotify, let me know when you grow up and maybe I'll give you another shot.

SkolVikingsGuy

I'm a new subscriber and I'm also trying to shuffle all songs by a single group, but can't figure out how to do that.  Any update on this?

BuzzLS

What about shuffling all artists and albums?   When I was using Itunes, I could shuffle my entire library.  It looks like Spotify only lets you shuffle one artist, album, or playlist at at time.   I can add add albums to a playlist (such as library) and shuffle that, but I have to add each album one a at a time.  Why not have a "shuffle all ____" button, like a "shuffle all artists" or "shuffle all albums"?   Am I missing something?   If not, please please please add that feature!!!

flcntk3

Does anyone know why songs listed under "new albums and singles" do not play?

jzajac2

So does spotify have a feautre like ~play all by artist~ or ~shuffle all by artist~ or not? Why, on earth, would a music service which costs 10 or more dollars a month, not have a feature which IS available on the free version....?

bengoshow

After the latest update, this feature is missing again. There's no way to hit play for all tracks by a single artist. You can queue up multiple albums but that's a pain.