Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[0.8.8] Bring back play all songs by artist

Since the new artist details page was introduced (with the white background) the behaviour of playback has changed.  Previously if you double-clicked a song it would queue up all of the other songs by that artist.  Now all it does is queue up that album (or single!).  You can select all the songs manually and explicitly add them to the queue, but this isn't intuitive and doesn't support shuffle.

The only way I've been able to figure out how to listen to all songs by a particular artist is to create a playlist, and then add all that artists songs, which soon clutters up the sidebar!

Hello folks!

We've begun rolling out a new version of Spotify which includes this feature. We're rolling new version out over the coming days so if you haven't already, you should be able to update soon.

Thanks so much for the feedback, we love it. 

🙂

Comments
tab73

Bring this back please! Spotify fell dramatically in usefulness for me when the devs had the brilliant idea to remove one of the better features. This program is changing for the worse all the time, at least after my taste.

@Louisk

AH no this just brings up another point of contention for me that I noticed with the new interface: it will shuffle all the artist's songs, but it will finish going through one album, then move to the next, and so on. Each album will be shuffled, but it will progress through albums sequentially. 

This is INFURIATING. 

corianda

So much this. 

Blümchenheld

Agreed, this was quite a backstep..   I loved the feature to just find an Artist you feel like listening to today and klick one song and thats it.  No messing around with playlists or same tracks after just one hour.

altheberger

AGREE AGREE AGREE. This was my favorite Spotify feature. Would like it back! Thanks!

BuehrleMen

I am 100% behind this!  I have emailed spotify multiple times, and as a premium member, I am not too happy with this change.  I used to enjoy going to an artist and playing all of their songs on a random shuffle.  Sometimes, you're in the mood for just that artists.  Now, you have to be in the mood for that artist's one album.  I don't see why this feature is gone.  The shuffle one album only feature was always there, all you had to do was click into that album.  I feel this is a must for me as I am not happy whatsoever without this feature.

Rocio
Status changed to: Under Consideration

garyengel

thank you thank you thank you! just installed the new version and BAM! Nice work.

daniichristina

Seriously! This was one of my main uses of spotify, and now it's a big pain in the ass to have either make an Artist Playlist, or simply choose one album to listen to.

The most obnoxious though is with singles, and it makes the same song play over and over and over again. 

Edit: I just updated and am so glad to see this feature back! It's nice to know that spotify mods listen to the community!

Rocio
Status changed to: Implemented

Hello folks!

We've begun rolling out a new version of Spotify which includes this feature. We're rolling new version out over the coming days so if you haven't already, you should be able to update soon.

Thanks so much for the feedback, we love it. 

🙂