Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Ability to make "Your Music" offline

Just as title says. This needs to happen. "Your Music" should be treated like Starring. 

2015-02-03

Hey everyone, this feature is currently available for mobile users on iOS and Android.

Any news about having an available offline option for Your Music on Desktop will be announced here.

Comments
robot14

Spotify, this is dumb. The whole library / playlists / queuing scheme needs a major re-re-think:

tl;dr: Just add smart playlists already and the Starred vs. Saved issue is solved (http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Smart-playlists/idi-p/18549)

Here's how I have to handle things now:

Make Saved Songs available offline:

1. Set Starred to Available Offline.
  2. Periodically delete all songs in Starred.
  3. Copy all Saved songs to Starred.
  4. Sync.
  5. Repeat.
  6. Stupid.

Have the same Queue on my work desktop and personal laptop:

1. Create a new playlist called "Queue Sync."
  2. Queue a bunch of songs on one machine.
  3. Copy that queue over to Queue Sync when my listing session is over (e.g., going home)
  4. Delete all songs in my queue.
  5. Fire up other machine.
  6. Delete all songs in queue.
  7. Copy all songs in Queue Sync to queue.
  8. Repeat, repeat, repeat
  9. Good f@#king god how stupid can this UX be?
  10. Oh, and forget about syncing my queue to my iOS devices. For that matter, where the hell is the queue on my iOS devices anyway?
  11. Yes, I know about Connect. No it does not work if the devices are not on the same wireless network. Try again Spotify.
this needs to happen.
Maria_Piva

I agree with everyone else here. I used the star playlist to easily add music to my android phone. Please enable downloading for Your Music. I've already lost track of which songs are in my starred playlist and which ones I've only saved. 

Thanks!

simonwade

Yep, totally agree that this really should have been possible from the outset. Also, the "Your Music" feature is basically broken for me until I can do this.

ThomzenDE
make this happen!
skennedy789

Yep, this new music system is broken for me until they fix the offline thing. 

Kalmora

The funny thing is: We are only allowed to have 3.333 songs offline. So what will happen, if "Your Music" will contain more then these 3.333 songs? How albums handled? How artists are handled?

I'm under the impression a perhaps nice feature was released long before the most important parts are planned or at least implemented, so it could replace the "starred" feature.

That's really a pitty.

the1904kid

I just created an account and posted about how lame the removal of the Starred feature was.  I finally decided to deal with it and moved all of my Starred songs over to Your Music, one by one because I wanted to retain the playlist order...now I just realized that it cannot be available Offline?!  removing features from a paid application is annoying and really makes me want to try another service.

Romano_P

I must say that the love for Spotify is fading with the last update.

I'd loved the Favorite system before the update.

Just search for music, favorite it and it will auto be downloaded tot the offline synchronization list. Phone connects to Wi-Fi and downloads it, as easy as 1-2-3.

Please explain to me why you removed this feature?

Now I need to + it, then it adds it to a list of Songs under YOUR MUSIC and then I need to copy it to my own created playlist to make it offline. Because the Songs list is not available offline.

So please create the button for offline mode in the Songs menu or re-introduce the favorites option in all the other versions.

inconnu

An alternative (for me) would be to re-introduce the (one-click) star button in the interface (both mobile and desktop), so i can keep using the starred playlist as my off-line playlist.