Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Account] Change Username

I know this is probably out there somewhere already, but I find it quite frustrating that I was assigned a "username" of lots of numbers when my account was created.  It makes it hard for people to find me, as I can't remember my username, let alone try to get them to.  Can we please make it an option to change our username?  Even if there is a once-a-year change or something...that would be such a helpful thing!

Updated on 2020-03-12

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea.

Your username is designed to identify you on Spotify, so it can’t change.
However, you can now add or change your display name on mobile!
A display name replaces the username where it shows on your profile, app, playlists, and Friend Activity.

There's more on this here.

Comments

Yes,

The ability to change your username would be great.  

Especially you come up with a username, but think of a better one later and would like to change it, then you can't.  It sucks.

Have the ability to change your username is a vital feature when dealing with and having an account on anything.

I would even take what Xbox Live does for changing names with one username change is free and then you have to play a little money to change it again.  If you have to pay a little to change your username to make this feature come faster I would take it (depending on the price, of course). For me personally, I would pay five dollars to change my username.  That would be what I think a fair price is for changing a username the second time.

BryanScott

Often, something marked as 'not right now' is the same as "NOT". Am I wrong?

cyb3rsalih

Hi actually I linked my facebook account with Spotify. Now my name become to my Facebook profile name. I don't want this. I want to change my name on Spotify

S_olson18

Anyone know how to get it to stop referring to my account as a number? 

virtuaxe

😞 need this

I experience the same problem. As a paying member I would appreciate to appear it with my name instead of a number. I don't see why my friends can use their own names and I can't. 

Rhi_OCallaghan

the username still appears when sending links to others. i've had spotify premium for years and it's the one thing i have a big issue with. i hate my stupid childish username 

ancesar

Hello. It should not be a "not right now" but a "MUST BE". It is really frustating have a stupid name in our account. Your support team should work to allow everyone to change their username. Hope you work on this as soon as possible.

Regards,

Cesar

itsJeremiahB

Any update on this? My username is still a super long series of Numbers and making it hard for people to find me. Or when I add to my friends collaborative playlists, I just show up as a number. Help?

ZMonz1

If a user can reset their password without difficulty ...it's only reasonable they should be able to rest their user name ...not everyone uses Facebook anymore ... as I'm waiting for my Playlist to transfer over ... if I could do it on my own it there would be no need to wait this is NOT a good selling point for a monthly subscription even if it's less than  $10 ...On top of that ..you partnered with the worst DJ software developer ever ... I'm sticking with FREE until your company gets it act together  ...