Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Account] Change Username

I know this is probably out there somewhere already, but I find it quite frustrating that I was assigned a "username" of lots of numbers when my account was created.  It makes it hard for people to find me, as I can't remember my username, let alone try to get them to.  Can we please make it an option to change our username?  Even if there is a once-a-year change or something...that would be such a helpful thing!

Updated on 2020-03-12

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea.

Your username is designed to identify you on Spotify, so it can’t change.
However, you can now add or change your display name on mobile!
A display name replaces the username where it shows on your profile, app, playlists, and Friend Activity.

There's more on this here.

Comments
kozolak104

Im using spotify for almost 3 years,15 montsh of it at least with premium and i enjoy it.
But my username is not my name and my old friends that i follow,they dont recognize me when i follow them so they dont follow me back.
and i dont use Facebook unfortunately.

Please this must be an easy feature and you guys aren't poor enough to do this in a short term.But i have some doubts about that because even the subtitles didnt come back in a year since they've been removed.

S_olson18
I use Facebook and my username still doesn't come up.
angiew84

Yes. Please hear us on this. I really want to have the flexibility to change my username~ If it is inconvinient for you, just create limitaton on the times we are allowed to change it. 

lol..do something about this .2017

Cobra (8).jpg

wishfulsinful

Another voice to add - such a basic requirement, please let us change our usernames! I'm not holding out much hope though if this thread was start in 2014...

You are breaking my heart, Spotify... Please add this feature.

**bleep** ? This so s....d not to allow changing username ....

asfasdgasfgsdgd

Setting the status to "not right now" isn't really the solution is it.

At the end of the day the username will have a unique identifier on the database, update your system to make user of this UID instead of the actual string username, this will improve speed for you anyway. Then allow users to change their username. In this day and age to develop a system that leaves people with "stuck data" is just pure crazy and poor planning

absorr

Most of the "Top Ideas" are put down as "Not Right Now" and that's really, really dumb. Why have the community submit ideas if you're going to cherry-pick them like this?

Katherine17

This is a three year old thread, and the issue still hasn't been resolved.  As someone who pays $120/year for the service, the least Spotify can do is allow for username changes.  This is completely absurd, annoying, and poor customer service.