Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Account] Change Username

I know this is probably out there somewhere already, but I find it quite frustrating that I was assigned a "username" of lots of numbers when my account was created.  It makes it hard for people to find me, as I can't remember my username, let alone try to get them to.  Can we please make it an option to change our username?  Even if there is a once-a-year change or something...that would be such a helpful thing!

Updated on 2020-03-12

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea.

Your username is designed to identify you on Spotify, so it can’t change.
However, you can now add or change your display name on mobile!
A display name replaces the username where it shows on your profile, app, playlists, and Friend Activity.

There's more on this here.

Comments
Stonems23

Sacrifice? Hardly the word I would use for a service that is $120 a year with a spotty app that choses not to listen to the consumer. I open my app once a week to find my music playing at four times the speed it should. But keep on drinking the coolaid...

meltemejder33

i can't change my user name.

it was automatically selected by spotify (it's my mail address' first part).

how can i do it?

please help.

thanks.

marshinatorx

can this be a thing now. its 2017 yall, comeon !!!

PwnageSoldier

I don't understand why we can't simply be able to change our username, even if there's a restriction [e.g once a year] because I literally need to change my username once. The current username I have is because I used to use the username "Herp Derpia" but I just decided to use my PSN name because it's simpler and just, you know, better, but y'know, Spotify restrictions. I'm not ready to make a new account because I got a lot of deals, have had premium on this account and my playlist is completely set up. I don't really want to set up my playlist again and I want my account activity still. If this isn't possible, could I get a one time name change from a admin? [I realise this is a change username petition, but I'm going to ask for an admin because I know they're here, listening]

EDIT: Just realised I haven't made a community account now. I'm talking about my actual Spotify username.

PwnageSoldier

@Stonems23 Wow. This is sad. Spotify, you heard some pretty good advice, get your sh*t together.

jem103

come on spotify!! so many people want this, surely it's not that hard? I think this is the most popular change i've seen requested on here so why is it marked as 'not right now'? I don't want to link my spotify to my facebook for a load of reasons...all i want to do is change my username.

settleroficial

Great idea, please Spotify team, adapt. 

346popcorn

PLEASE CHANGE THIS SPOTIFY! I don't want to have to get a new acc and lose all the playlists I made. I made my username years ago and it's terrible. please change it, everyone will benefit and its so simple!

monikaenterpris

Hi there,

we are preparing our new Account for the Label Monika Enterprise from Berlin. We are celebrating 20years of and have a bunch of playlists we would like to feature there. Any chance to get the name correctly? Right now it says: monikaenterprise and we would like to have it Monika Enterprise. (It's a profile, like Ninja Tune) Would be great to get it right quickly.
Thanks!

jamiebrowning

Why can't we change our user name? I had no idea when I signed up that when I typed in all lower case letter with first, middle, and last name (unreadable!) that the exact name would appear at the top of my page.

Unacceptable.

Jamie Browning