Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Account] Change Username

I know this is probably out there somewhere already, but I find it quite frustrating that I was assigned a "username" of lots of numbers when my account was created.  It makes it hard for people to find me, as I can't remember my username, let alone try to get them to.  Can we please make it an option to change our username?  Even if there is a once-a-year change or something...that would be such a helpful thing!

Updated on 2020-03-12

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea.

Your username is designed to identify you on Spotify, so it can’t change.
However, you can now add or change your display name on mobile!
A display name replaces the username where it shows on your profile, app, playlists, and Friend Activity.

There's more on this here.

Comments
JH24-7

People evolve (as they grow) SO Spotify...isn't it fair to say companies should as well? Let's say you've had your account for several years, would you still want your user name to be "stuck on stupid" or "ganja 4 lyfe" (which actually doesn't sound bad)...but still...sometimes you just want to switch it up...(for instance)...if you social network through the account or share on Facebook or whatever. Come on Spotify its time to step ya' game up! 

frankievali

jeddperez

pls for the love of god make this a thing. i have followers i cannot lose

i want to change my username but i dont want to new account,what i do

aalpar

Unfortunately I accidentally set my Spotify username to personal security information that should NOT be public.

Is there a way to change a username under these circumstance?  If I create a new user, is there a way to erase the old user account (and old username with it)?

Dear Spotify,

You have many, many users asking please allow us to change our user names. I signed up via the app. So my user name was auto generated. This reflect some code Enigma may have spat out in 1942. 

All social based sites allow user name change, even militant sites like Facebook allow 2 user names changes, Twitter is unlimited.

Please in the name of sanity and common sense so we can easily share playlists sort this option out asap. 

Thank you.

Jase aka 1asjrfjvuxjsjdjcocjskd284747 or something bizzare like that.

zebege

hi everyone, i want to change my spotify name but couldn't do that. if i sign up with new account, can i transfer my old account's playlist etc. into a new one?

raknafein

we need this

If you want your name to be changed, you have to create a new account.

anikam

we need this, i hate my username, it's so cringey.