Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Account] Change Username

I know this is probably out there somewhere already, but I find it quite frustrating that I was assigned a "username" of lots of numbers when my account was created.  It makes it hard for people to find me, as I can't remember my username, let alone try to get them to.  Can we please make it an option to change our username?  Even if there is a once-a-year change or something...that would be such a helpful thing!

Updated on 2020-03-12

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea.

Your username is designed to identify you on Spotify, so it can’t change.
However, you can now add or change your display name on mobile!
A display name replaces the username where it shows on your profile, app, playlists, and Friend Activity.

There's more on this here.

Comments
chabuku

58 pages of comments and still nothing? Wat?

ttaudioworks

There is much on Spotify that mystifies me, including on how to vote on these issues. Duh, I don't want my username to be random letters and numbers.

brysonthefiend

all i want is to change my spotify displayed name. i made an artist name change a while ago and as an artist i need to be able to change my username so my audience can find me, as i dont go by my old artist name anymore. i dont want to have a different account for my music. would love to see this implemented

owngrfld

Why can’t this be a thing?! Even if you have a 30 day lockout each time you make a change it would still be good. I picked my username on a whim and regret it massively. Come oooooooon

TheMusicBelow

Hey here's something to try. Maybe if we all go to our Account ->>Profile and scroll down there is a section "Help Us Improve Your Account Experience" click no and a box will pop up then let them know we want usernames that way. It's worth a shot. I don't think any realy spotify people pay attention to this. At least not ones with power to implement change.

20200217_125837.jpg

12-10-15

It has been six years since the petition to change usernames. I am really unsatisfied with the service. I want and need to change my spotify username. I love spotify but this no changing policy is just unprofessional and childish. It makes costumers angry and you really cannot imagine the amount of people asking for that chance since 2014. Please give us a solution now.

aleemkhan0864

i am unable to change username and password in spotify premium apk

JackH429

Bruh, don’t post links to hacked apk’s as modified apps are against the Spotify User agreement. Do you want your account banned? I used to use a hack before we got family premium and I got banned like a month in, so just be smarter.

Jenifa_0h

Yes! Please add the ability to change the account name. I'd love to share my listening activity and playlist links anonymously on forums, or gaming platforms so friends can listen along, but my real name is my username, and I don't feel comfortable sharing my real name on many platforms. 

When I first signed up, I did it with my Facebook profile, so my real name is my username. I wish I could hide that so I could share my music with more people!

Thestillborn1

Need to change my username. My current username is something like 5BDJDGJbj7GUSBM63YBDBJD.

And I don't even remember being asked to type a username when I created the an account.