Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Account] Change Username

I know this is probably out there somewhere already, but I find it quite frustrating that I was assigned a "username" of lots of numbers when my account was created.  It makes it hard for people to find me, as I can't remember my username, let alone try to get them to.  Can we please make it an option to change our username?  Even if there is a once-a-year change or something...that would be such a helpful thing!

Updated on 2020-03-12

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea.

Your username is designed to identify you on Spotify, so it can’t change.
However, you can now add or change your display name on mobile!
A display name replaces the username where it shows on your profile, app, playlists, and Friend Activity.

There's more on this here.

Comments
claudioxcastro

I'm happy this got implemented! It's one step closer to having true control over our profiles. I'm disappointed that we can't change our usernames yet, so I created this idea to address this feature request: Change Username (Not Display Name).

While we can change our display names to whatever we want, our current usernames are visible within our profile URLs. This is important when sharing links to our profiles with friends and ties back to our identity within the platform. Please consider voting and commenting on the idea if you want to see this change!

Albert_58

I get tons of emails from Spotify asking me to reset my password as people all over the world are using my username trying to access my account. So, obviously I want to change my username so that I do not get all these account breaking attempts...

WildcatLeah

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! I had a display name that was so bad because I was like in 6th grade when I created it. I can change it now!!!

Esteban_Juárez

I'm in a pc and I can't correct my username, which currently is 3zpph0t3u5fqxgjnkqybj55zr, I have already connected with my Facebook account but it's still the same. 

Blaccboull

We want to change our username, not just the display name, it's possible in a lot of application like instagram or twitter so just do it

HipsterLatte

It really should be a feature to change your username for the account you own. 

Add the feature.

mastersgt07
You actually can change it now it’s under the used is
Albert_58
What are you talking about?
mastersgt07
Go to your profile settings hit edit and then change the numeric user name with what ever you want you can also change your profile picture
acjbizar

@mastersgt07 must have a different account than the rest of us, because I sure cannot change my username. I also do not understand the status change of this item by Spotify: Sure, I can change my display name, but this is in no way related to URL’s I want to share, which is the entire point.

I have looked in the Windows app, the Android app, the iOS app, and my profile on the website.