Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Account] Change Username

I know this is probably out there somewhere already, but I find it quite frustrating that I was assigned a "username" of lots of numbers when my account was created.  It makes it hard for people to find me, as I can't remember my username, let alone try to get them to.  Can we please make it an option to change our username?  Even if there is a once-a-year change or something...that would be such a helpful thing!

Updated on 2020-03-12

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea.

Your username is designed to identify you on Spotify, so it can’t change.
However, you can now add or change your display name on mobile!
A display name replaces the username where it shows on your profile, app, playlists, and Friend Activity.

There's more on this here.

Comments
Eva63

It looks very unprofessional when a lot of numbers and letters appear as one's username! I want to name my username! It should be the customer's choice?

Kind Regards!

Eva

I understand your feeling, I'm a customer too and i hate it aswell. We
started a vote page so if you want it you can vote over here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Change-username/idc-p/4423397#M146413
BryanScott

What exactly does a positive vote mean?

A:   I want this to change.

B:   I'm OK with this as it is.

Jean Valjean

(24601)

I should say the answer I want this to change(A)
galiparikan

Facebook sucks!! Am i have to have a facebook account for changing my huge number and letter username.I'd like to choose a name myself without facebook or twitter.

What can all of us who don't use Facebook do? stuck with a long random username?

yuyaniv

Made a new account from an old APK, wish it was easier...

Lennaert

I don't even have a username. It says 'Username: N/A'

Edit: you can choose one right before commenting here

Yes, I would also love to have the ability to change my username, because I don't want to be named garbage.

itspaul_m

This would be an awesome feature to add for premium users only, it's a win-win situation for both Spotify and the user. This would possibly increase premium sales as people would like to change their username and people change their username! Would seriously love to see this implimented within the platform.