Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Account] Change Username

I know this is probably out there somewhere already, but I find it quite frustrating that I was assigned a "username" of lots of numbers when my account was created.  It makes it hard for people to find me, as I can't remember my username, let alone try to get them to.  Can we please make it an option to change our username?  Even if there is a once-a-year change or something...that would be such a helpful thing!

Updated on 2020-03-12

Hey,

Thanks for coming to the Community, and adding your vote to this idea.

Your username is designed to identify you on Spotify, so it can’t change.
However, you can now add or change your display name on mobile!
A display name replaces the username where it shows on your profile, app, playlists, and Friend Activity.

There's more on this here.

Comments
Arrggghhh

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Answers/Can-I-change-my-display-name/ta-p/4906315

This idea has been resolved, although it appears only for Android users. Cannot change display name with webpage app or windows app.

mastersgt07

So when can we expect to be able to change our user names on other formats like Apple or will you cater only to Android users

31ewiqiz6cxzc2q

Ok but .. Spotify.. this username is not the name of any of my alters?

ranvier

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Answers/Can-I-change-my-display-name/ta-p/4906315

Congratulation, after waiting for 6 FREAKING YEARS, we can finally be able to change our username. Such basic functionality is finally available.

Goodness gracious me. Thank goodness for the bug fix.

mastersgt07
It’s only for Android products those of us that us apple products are still **bleep**

I truly don’t understand why we can’t change it. Honestly, even if it’s just the display name i’m cool with it. I put so much work into making/organizing my playlists. And there isn’t no way i’m making a WHOLE NEW ACCOUNT just to change my stupid name. Spotify is a great app. They should listen to what we have to say on the matter. Do something @spotify 

McCheekiBreeki

I mean i understand it's not a major implementation but it would be a really nice one, i don't really see a reason why we can't change names. I mean there is always the option (though it does require more effort) of moving to a more discord like setup in which users can change their name frequently (and even to the same name as others) they just have a visible tag with their unique id.

ImCharChlo

It’s been a year with many votes on this? I’m still waiting for an update. 

Rinoa_H-H

Guyyys guys!!! I’m checking the latest update on iOS , it’s there!!! Finally!!! Try it, it took a while and got some errors at first (weird), but I was able to edit my display name, let us know through the thread... **bleep**!

Ovenbird

Dude! You’re right!!!!! Thanks for the heads up. 

thank you Spotify!!!