Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Add Equalizer in Spotify

For ipod touch there is a huge need for eq because Spotify bypasses the regular Apple Sound Settings.

I use high end headphones but need to be able to fintune the settings so I can enjoy my music and tech equally.

So please, please make an EQ for the spotify app

Updated: 2015-09-17

Spotify now lets you enjoy music audio the way you want to hear it with the launch of our in-app equalizer on the iPhone and iPad.

Simply update the latest version of the Spotify iOS app and go to Settings > Playback > Equalizer to access the new feature.

If you're one of our Android friends, we already have a native equalizer which you can access inside the app under Audio Effects in the Settings. 

If you'd like to see an equalizer on desktop you can give kudos to this "Equalizer for the Desktop Version" idea. Thanks!

Comments
shastymax

PLEASE MAKE AN EQUALIZER ON ALL DEVICES AND PROGRAMS! 

One poster said to "leave the music as it was intended."  This is so naive and ignorant of what makes an EQ option important.  As a musician myself, I know how I like to balance my frequencies. As a music teacher and educator, I use equalizers to teach how to balance frequencies. Also not everyone has the affluence to afford "better headphones." Also as common sense, there are people who have damaged hearing to where certain frequencies MUST be louder and others softer so that they can experience the full body and balance of sound.  Anyway, to have a program without an EQ? WTF??????? Seriously. 

beanie_2011

Equalizer for PS4 to experience the "true" effect of a song, as it was intended.

Twatalsocks
I am 100% certain that there used to be an equalizer. But when i got my new phone and redownloaded the app it vanished. Even on extreme quality it still sounds like **bleep**. I had a perfect setting for my headphones. And now the default EQ gives me a headache.
deranders

Would really like to se an Equalizer on the desktop mac version. 

This is the only thing that makes me prefer iTunes over sportify, and I would like to change that and circumvent iTunes all together. 

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated: 2015-09-17

Spotify now lets you enjoy music audio the way you want to hear it with the launch of our in-app equalizer on the iPhone and iPad.

Simply update the latest version of the Spotify iOS app and go to Settings > Playback > Equalizer to access the new feature.

If you're one of our Android friends, we already have a native equalizer which you can access inside the app under Audio Effects in the Settings. 

If you'd like to see an equalizer on desktop you can give kudos to this "Equalizer for the Desktop Version" idea. Thanks!

gabrielhii1995

I would like to demand a built-in equalizer rather than using my device equaliser. When using my phone equaliser I dy fine tune to maximum bass then suddenly the volume burst at middle cause it suddenly disconnect with my device equaliser and return back to flat sound. My ears have been bombarded with sudden high volume for countless times. Please fix this! TQ.

JuanJoseMarco

@spotifyfan wrote:

For ipod touch there is a huge need for eq because Spotify bypasses the regular Apple Sound Settings.

I use high end headphones but need to be able to fintune the settings so I can enjoy my music and tech equally.

So please, please make an EQ for the spotify app

When will we have available an equalizer in Macbooks?

Many people end listening their music in Itunes just because of this, Is it really so difficult to build it in?.

Daan00094

To better understand, I have a Sol Republic Tracks air headphone, works in bluetooth and with cables.

Android default EQ sucks. I have an incredible Headphone, before meeting Spotify, i used to listen in "PowerAmp". It has a built-in EQ with advanced functions: Limiter (awesome), bass and treeble adjust, 10 EQ band, balance and "Stereo X", I could create my own settings and save different setting for different musics / albums / artistists and even different settings to each output (Earphone, bluetooth and phone). After discovering this player, I loved at the same hour and payed only because of the EQ.

Android default EQ has 2 BIG problems:

One, Doesn't work with bluetooth, making the audio too flat (The PowerAmp built-in EQ works perfectly with Bluetooth).

Two, it's weak and not customizable, I don't hear bass in the "bass option".

sean_thedsigner

I need to put my support behind this idea. I just got spotify and I'm currently listening to it on both my android and also my desktop office computer with highend sound card and headphones.  With higher quality streaming becoming better all the time. listening to music without an equalizer available is a huge setback from making spotify great.  Each sound system is different.

Daan00094

I forgot, i solved my problem changing the default android sound driver for other (Viper 4 Android), but it's hard to change, you need to get root access and much other things. But in the end, i'm very satisfied, now I have MUCH BASS and range above 20KHz, other sound much clearer.