Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Add Equalizer in Spotify

For ipod touch there is a huge need for eq because Spotify bypasses the regular Apple Sound Settings.

I use high end headphones but need to be able to fintune the settings so I can enjoy my music and tech equally.

So please, please make an EQ for the spotify app

Updated: 2015-09-17

Spotify now lets you enjoy music audio the way you want to hear it with the launch of our in-app equalizer on the iPhone and iPad.

Simply update the latest version of the Spotify iOS app and go to Settings > Playback > Equalizer to access the new feature.

If you're one of our Android friends, we already have a native equalizer which you can access inside the app under Audio Effects in the Settings. 

If you'd like to see an equalizer on desktop you can give kudos to this "Equalizer for the Desktop Version" idea. Thanks!

Comments
KaffeLatte
An EQ is about the only thing I miss in the Spotify app for iOS.
tvedt

I **bleep**ING NEED EQ. It's been a while since February (when this thread was started) and I am seriously considering another streaming service. Not because they've got an equalizer, but because you guys really suck for not having it. HOW **bleep**ING DIFFICULT CAN IT POSSIBLY BE? 

tim_ef

I've been fine tuning a random playlist on iTunes for years, including custom equalizer settings for specific albums, even specific to certain songs.  I'm just trying out spotify for the first time, and honestly, it's kind of a dealbreaker for me not to have an equalizer that has the same functionality that itunes does...  I like the availabilty of new music and music/social networking that spotify offers, but stereos have had at least a bass and treble knob since the 1960's, it's important for audio players to have this!

eGiL1977

EQ and Volume boosting should have been in Spotify from day 1! No excuses for not having it!! Sometimes i'm at a place where i need to use a headset, and it really buggs me if i can't crank it up loud, or get the extra bottom of the bass....please, for the love of something, add this. Or else i will make a Facebook page: EQ in Spotify or i will hunt you down 😄

eGiL1977

BTW "Under consideration" is not good enough. Not by far! As said earlier, should have been in Spotify from day 1! So, do it, just do it!

eGiL1977

Oh, and for all you people saying: Buy better headphones etc. you're missing the point. EQ is needed!

eGiL1977

Just saw that people started requesting this in January this year....and still nothing 😞 ok, that means you don't really care about your customers 😕 it's not a big thing!!! but makes such a hug difference....please please please

Equalizer not only for iOS and Android, for Windows and Mac also is needed (Mac in my case)!

Caranja

NEED!!

Musik is nothing without an EQ...

poloswe

Please release an equalizer for all spotify apps the sound is so flat that's annoying ! iTunes has one, Deezer, Qobuz, VLC, Clementine ... It should have been done at the release that's so obivious to add an equalizer that i don't understand why we are all begging for one. My brain really don't understand why is there no EQ !