Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Add Equalizer in Spotify

For ipod touch there is a huge need for eq because Spotify bypasses the regular Apple Sound Settings.

I use high end headphones but need to be able to fintune the settings so I can enjoy my music and tech equally.

So please, please make an EQ for the spotify app

Updated: 2015-09-17

Spotify now lets you enjoy music audio the way you want to hear it with the launch of our in-app equalizer on the iPhone and iPad.

Simply update the latest version of the Spotify iOS app and go to Settings > Playback > Equalizer to access the new feature.

If you're one of our Android friends, we already have a native equalizer which you can access inside the app under Audio Effects in the Settings. 

If you'd like to see an equalizer on desktop you can give kudos to this "Equalizer for the Desktop Version" idea. Thanks!

Comments
Quattro123
Hey! It is an inbuilt EQ to Spotify. Just start a song, so you get up the album cover, (this need some attempts) quickly draw the small letter "e" on the album. It will sometimes change song, but it'll work.
consgp

iT WOULD HELP THE CUSTOMER'S LISTENING EXPERIENCE TO ADD A GRAPHIC EQUALIZATION AND VISUALIZATIONS TO SPOTIFY. I HOPE THE MANAGEMENT WILL CONSIDER THESE ADDITIONS.

IAmSmarterThanU

An equalizer is a pretty basic thing to want on a SOUND PLAYING APPLICATION ... I'm surprised the very first version of Spotify didn't include one.

Sixthdim

Even a simple "Bass Boost" checkbox would be super! I have great headphones that reproduce bass very well, but the sound from Spotify does seem a bit flat. I hope something like this is implimented soon. Spotify forever! 😄

ButterMule

If you're going to implement a equalizer, make sure it is as robust as it can be. Don't just throw 6 frequency channels on there with a couple presets and call it a day. Have a 30 frequency slider selection and let everyone tweak it as they will. 

That being said, it would be a good idea to split between basic EQ and advanced EQ. Some people just don't care enough to want 30 sliders. 

LandonClifford

All this talk about "get better headphones"..... I have top of the line audiophile headphones(Not bass hog Beats mind you) and I still like to tweak the EQ to optimize the sound quality I'm hearing. PLEASE try and make this happen soon!

pibipi

Today I updated Spotify on my iphone to 0.6.0.181 and I can't get the hidden EQ visible again. Before the update it was very easy (triangle in the middle). I always got the hidden EQ within 2 attemps. Now I tried a 100 times but no EQ shows up.

I'm very dissapointed. Not only because the hidden EQ is gone, but more because of the fact that there is still no EQ in the spotify Iphone app. WHY!!!

I find it difficult to believe that Spotify is taking us seriously.

This is what they say: Sorry for the delay, under consideration, the team is working on it, thank you for the feedback, we really appreciate it.

This is what the do: Still no EQ in the standard app (the first request was12 months ago). Removing the hidden EQ.

So, I'm not only dissapointed, also sad and angry!

Please Spotify: make it happen quickly!

thapchild

If anyone figures out how to access the Hidden EQ in Version 6 please post it here.  I won't be upgrading until I know it can be accessed.  Version 5 for tha win.

iAmGagoMan

I recently discovered the hidden EQ as well and it definitely made the sound much better out of my iPhone.  Unfortunately I have updated it and have lost it!!!  Not very happy and agree if anyone finds a way to get it back post here please!!

antunesjo

Am VERY VERY DISAPOINTED BY THE EQ now missing ill stop my subription righ away until this is provided this is a basic feature and should be avaliable!!