Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Add Equalizer in Spotify

For ipod touch there is a huge need for eq because Spotify bypasses the regular Apple Sound Settings.

I use high end headphones but need to be able to fintune the settings so I can enjoy my music and tech equally.

So please, please make an EQ for the spotify app

Updated: 2015-09-17

Spotify now lets you enjoy music audio the way you want to hear it with the launch of our in-app equalizer on the iPhone and iPad.

Simply update the latest version of the Spotify iOS app and go to Settings > Playback > Equalizer to access the new feature.

If you're one of our Android friends, we already have a native equalizer which you can access inside the app under Audio Effects in the Settings. 

If you'd like to see an equalizer on desktop you can give kudos to this "Equalizer for the Desktop Version" idea. Thanks!

Comments
SR

I would have NEVER updated if I knew you were taking away the Beta EQ. 

BOO! Give me the old version back.

k-nubbe

Please add equalizer to iphoneapp and to desktop to windows, mac and linux. I don´t see the point with buying expensive earphones and have the original equalizer...
I would appreciate a equalizer in the next update for spotify on both desktop and iphone/android app!

Peace

Ceebee

equalify. Case closed 🙂

ChillinSince96

This needs to happen and make sure it works for spotify on pc and iphone.

Hi Spotify, it was great to see that you are working on an equalizer. Even if it's not ready yet.

I have five sets of headphones and also use a wireless speeaker - all of them sound different! So I am eager to see this implemented.

It would be great if users can save their own equalizer profiles as part of this change.

Really enjoying the service so far

achapman

Spotify,

I have loved Spotify for the last few months because of the high quality music and the beta eq. Unfortunately, I find it  impossible to listen to the non-eq version. I am switching to another service until the EQ is released, but I won't hold my breath. I find it hard to believe that changing around menus has a higher priority than the EQ. It smells a little fishy to me. Moving on....

PeterAC

Can't agree more with what people are saying. Spotify is a great service, but the lack of an equalizer just doesn't make sense. It's such a useful tool. I would love to have one to use for both the Mac version of the software and the mobile app.

IaAmThumbs

Seriously guys, we need an EQ on the iphone app! I've just plugged in my old wesc headphones (not the best I know) and I was horrified at how bad the music sounds on your app.

An EQ would pretty much make the Spotify service worth the 9.99 I pay for it every month. I'm sure i'm not the only person who thinks an EQ should be a major priority over everything else.

The app at the moment is pretty much flawless and an EQ would just make it perfect!

Come on guys! get it done!

Dan_B

i can't believe there is no equalizer in the Spotify app.......

hkjels

There should really be an equalizer in the app finder. My headphones are pretty much useless with spotify as it is  and using system-wide hacks or applications called hijack should not be neccessary. I read that this was in some beta, why not let the eager audiophiles have access to it?