Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Add Equalizer in Spotify

For ipod touch there is a huge need for eq because Spotify bypasses the regular Apple Sound Settings.

I use high end headphones but need to be able to fintune the settings so I can enjoy my music and tech equally.

So please, please make an EQ for the spotify app

Updated: 2015-09-17

Spotify now lets you enjoy music audio the way you want to hear it with the launch of our in-app equalizer on the iPhone and iPad.

Simply update the latest version of the Spotify iOS app and go to Settings > Playback > Equalizer to access the new feature.

If you're one of our Android friends, we already have a native equalizer which you can access inside the app under Audio Effects in the Settings. 

If you'd like to see an equalizer on desktop you can give kudos to this "Equalizer for the Desktop Version" idea. Thanks!

Comments
sunny_budda

hell yes, I am all for this, soon please!!

kiteless123

Please add the Equalizer for iOS! 

themightygman

I've definitely submiited this before but please add an eq with both the desktop and Iphone versions. Would enhance the listening experience and make a great product greater. Thanks for the listen.

G-Man....

bobhallard

I'm totally with you on this one guys. I love spotify and run it using an iphone through a bad-ass docking station. Unfortunately, my station is a little bass-heavy and I have no way to adjust. I'm surprised spotify haven't put one on already. Update after update and still waiting....

Cheers guys!

brookse32

Please add an equalizer.

I use Spotify through a Windows XP PC (and sometimes a Windows 7 tablet - full PC) with the sound output into a stereo - and I agree with the comments about adding an equalizer.

I switched frm Pandora to Spotify Premium so that I could listen to albums, but the sound quality of Pandora blows Spotify away guys...

It is much more sharp and clear, and each instrument is much better identifiable from each other.

There is something much too full and mixed togetther about the Spotify sound.

So please either figure out what Pandora is doing that is better, and/or add an equalizer to give users much more control over the sound profile.

thanks

Elev8

This NEEDS to happen.

As an early adopter of Spotify & longtime premium contributor, it is THE most needed feature in spotify. Please give us an EQ in desktop & mobile apps.

However, PLEASE don't do this:

Bass booster (louder bass proportion)

bass reducer (less bass)

treble booster (more treble)

treble reducer (less treble)

NO NO NO! This ^ is SO not the way to do it. I want to set my own levels, not be forced to choose from a predefined  list, none of which I like, and all of which I have no control over. A decent manual EQ with the ability to save a few presets & boost input signal (like those offered by Winamp & VLC player) is all that's needed.

A "nice to have" would be the ability to store a pre-set EQ for each song (Winamp does this) but that's not essential so long as we can manually set EQ & store a few of our own presets.

obi

Well I, for one, don't want this.

Album producers and sound engineers are paid a lot of money to record, mix and master albums so they sound just right. There's no need to run the song through a software equalizer. It just ruins the music.. So if you DO add one make it easy to turn off.

henrikrydh
SORRY SPOTIFY didnt see this post 🙂 started raging in a different thread 😛

We need some spotify response please! I just don't understand the logic behind it....most music players today have equalizers, or capability to have an equalizer integrated....spotify makes a fortunately beneficial mistake by allowing users to find out about the beta equalizer and EVERYONE is LOVING IT!....what is the logic behind testing something, (intentionally or not), and then realizing it had an amazing feedback from everyone and saying..."oooh i got the best solution ever, they loved it, let's get rid of it"? it's just confusing and saddening to me, being a swede and loving music but also great sound quality, I stayed away from spotify for the first few years until guess what... my friend told me yesterday that spotify had an equalizer so I switched my phone subscription and paid CHF 113...about USD 100.... and was so happy to finally be able to use spotify at extreme quality with an equalizer and my Sennheiser Amperiors....and now to find out that Spotify's reaction to an accidental solution is to revert back to the problem?! :S Thousdands of audiophiles stayed away from Spotify because there was no equalizer, and would happily serve as additional customers, but now that Spotify removed the equalizer, not only will they no longer capture those audiophiles, who are the big spenders and loyal customers, but they will lose all the audiophiles who were borderline about to switch.... I just payd USD 100 to switch my phone subscription to the spotify subscription for the sole purpose of FINALLY being able to listen to all the music I want at great quality, and my feelings for spotify went from infatuation to frustrated and confused disappoinment :S PLEASE SPOTIFY BRING IT BACK! or get a few project managers and scrum masters to get the officialized version developed if your upstream management is telling you "we can have no such thing as customers realizing a mistaken left behind beta equalizer because that affects our quality incidents...." PLS...we beg you, bring the equalizer back in one way or another!  
mrchrishewitt

I think even just a little basic EQ would help Spotify a lot, I would therefore not need to go to a third party program for my computers sound output but spend much more time Spotifying! Pleeeeeeaase 🙂

winchelyu

It's been months since people started requesting an EQ on the IOS platform. i don't understand why Android users have an EQ on their version of spotify yet Iphone users don't. I'm a premium user, and I have been paying monthly for spotify. I have sent in numerous requests and voted up on this issue already and yet, it seems you all show a lack of concern for your customer satisfaction.

Multiple people have threated to stop subscribing to spotify because of the lack of an EQ. 

It seems evident to me that the adminstrators of Spotify are showing complete disregard for their customers.

I am tired of waiting. If an EQ is not included in the next update, I am officially reverting back to free spotify and my Itunes. 

AS A FELLOW USER, you can help PUSH THIS ISSUE by actually stopping your subscription as well (upon the next update, so we actually still give them a chance even though we've given them MANY), until they chose to ACTUALLY do something about it instead of always putting it off for "other more important tasks"

@spotifydoesnotcare      

I am a customer, and i am not satisified.