Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Add Equalizer in Spotify

For ipod touch there is a huge need for eq because Spotify bypasses the regular Apple Sound Settings.

I use high end headphones but need to be able to fintune the settings so I can enjoy my music and tech equally.

So please, please make an EQ for the spotify app

Updated: 2015-09-17

Spotify now lets you enjoy music audio the way you want to hear it with the launch of our in-app equalizer on the iPhone and iPad.

Simply update the latest version of the Spotify iOS app and go to Settings > Playback > Equalizer to access the new feature.

If you're one of our Android friends, we already have a native equalizer which you can access inside the app under Audio Effects in the Settings. 

If you'd like to see an equalizer on desktop you can give kudos to this "Equalizer for the Desktop Version" idea. Thanks!

Comments
ssrkkhan

I am going to be in the Netherlands for a short while maybe a year and need the communications in English from Spotify. Is this possible as currently it is in Dutch. Would appreciate some help as could not find this issue in settings. Thank you  !

Smarre

I would, as probably many more, like the equalizer option for pc as well. 🙂

Rossanred

ey

az_adi3v-a2hw

Need an equalizer on pc!

Deovera

Why is it impossible for me to start a topic inquiring why the adjustable EQ was succeeded by this preset GARBAGE? Why was the proposed FULL PARAMETRIC EQ scrapped? I can't comment that thread and it's disgusting to me this is where we ended up.

jazzy166

i am on spotify trail. Equilizer on iphone is nice but it takes a few menus to get to it. I also found the 

volume control does not work on desktop version with my Bose earphones.  The desktop verion could not find equlizer and prefer not to install 3rd party mods as it should be done by Spotify like itunes. 

Carrottopso

Re: the full parametric EQ:

that would be lovely wouldn't it? I would assume most people using eq fall under "advanced users" so..

More importantly, would it be too much trouble to implement a "Treble Reducer" slider, or even a button?

That would cater to a huge part of their userbase: avid concert goers that forgot to use earbuds (or just didn't like them (oops)). Also the hearing impaired of course, but isn't that the same thing?

First post here, you can tell this is important to me 😅

Carrottopso

also I hope suggestions from "newbies" are not completely ignored around here... some of us un-initiates have valid opinions too! 😛

stereophaser

It would be nice to have this on all devices, desktop app as well as mobile devices.

Thanks

bum_

I wholeheartedly agree. Spotify is a music service, parametric EQ accross the board is a must. I can't fathom why after so many years the service lacks such fundamental functionality. Even on the desktop! Like wth?

And it's not like it's a difficult to implement either. It'll take them next to nothing to use one of the dozens of existing libraries or even implement one on their own.