Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Add Equalizer in Spotify

For ipod touch there is a huge need for eq because Spotify bypasses the regular Apple Sound Settings.

I use high end headphones but need to be able to fintune the settings so I can enjoy my music and tech equally.

So please, please make an EQ for the spotify app

Updated: 2015-09-17

Spotify now lets you enjoy music audio the way you want to hear it with the launch of our in-app equalizer on the iPhone and iPad.

Simply update the latest version of the Spotify iOS app and go to Settings > Playback > Equalizer to access the new feature.

If you're one of our Android friends, we already have a native equalizer which you can access inside the app under Audio Effects in the Settings. 

If you'd like to see an equalizer on desktop you can give kudos to this "Equalizer for the Desktop Version" idea. Thanks!

Comments
oidarro

Equalizer please!!!!!

but read the post? we want an equalizer or at least an explanation! unacceptable!!

emilyshore

I agree - adding EQ would be very helpful!  I'm surprised it's not part of the service already.

Tonchixtremo

Hola:

Creo que Spotify es la mejor app de musica.....Podria acercarse a la perfeccion si añadieran la opción de un ecualizador para todas las plataformas....

No entiendo porque no la han habilitado, en fin, ojala que en la proxima actualización ya la tenga...

Raul

Mrkwinther

Please, an Equalizer for iPad and/or make support for Audiobus.

JairCrawford

An EQ would greatly enhance the playback on Spotify. I'd love to hear an update on this idea.

burrchi
Dear Spotify People I would like to reinforce this feature request! I use a Mac. On the Mac OSX application a great way to add an equaliser would be for Spotify to support Apple AudioUnits - there is a great equaliser included in the system already - with 10 or 31 bands. Other audio apps do this already and it is very useful for fine tuning the sound. For example, Audirvana Plus provides support to access to add "AUGraphicEQ" (and other units) under their application preferences - it's really simple to use and can be adjusted in real time. I think this would be a great solution for Mac users and one Spotify should consider.
autumneffect

I've been a Spotify user for years now and I have always wondered why this was not a feature from the start. I seriously don't get it. I know there are some purists out there who think everyone should "get better headphones" and/or "listen to the music as it was intended" but that's such a rude, @$$hole thing to say. Just because I enjoy a little more bass in my music doesn't mean that I'm somehow doing it an injustice - or that I don't have good headphones (which not everyone can afford, for the record). It's just a matter of preference.

And for Spotify to say something like this is pretty low priority is rather surprising to me. Admittedly, I don't know what it would take to implement this feature but since it IS such a standard among other music players I question why it hasn't been taken care of and gotten out of the way already...

Deadman
^^^^ This!! Please add a customisable EQ it would improve the listening experience dramatically on high end headphones.
TimoGrabosch

1.233 People want this feature, as far as i see this is the "most wanted" feature so far and you put it under "considerations"? That is a shame.

You selling music and a simple 3 or 5 band EQ is a essential function for every music player i know i the world. On my ipod i installed "Rockbox" because it has an working EQ.

I realy mad about this and i thinking of canncelling my paying subscription until this feature is implementet. Sorry for that. But the App is useless without EQ-Settings.

Hyudryu

They already added it in the previous versions, why did they even remove it in the first place? That's really dumb in my opinion. Might as well just add it on since it's already coded.