Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Add Equalizer in Spotify

For ipod touch there is a huge need for eq because Spotify bypasses the regular Apple Sound Settings.

I use high end headphones but need to be able to fintune the settings so I can enjoy my music and tech equally.

So please, please make an EQ for the spotify app

Updated: 2015-09-17

Spotify now lets you enjoy music audio the way you want to hear it with the launch of our in-app equalizer on the iPhone and iPad.

Simply update the latest version of the Spotify iOS app and go to Settings > Playback > Equalizer to access the new feature.

If you're one of our Android friends, we already have a native equalizer which you can access inside the app under Audio Effects in the Settings. 

If you'd like to see an equalizer on desktop you can give kudos to this "Equalizer for the Desktop Version" idea. Thanks!

Comments
Masterbreww

Please add an equalizer. Spotify is the great music player of our age, before Spotify it was iTunes and Winamp. Both of those had equalizers.

stsimon

YES PLEASE! An eq would be the perfect ultimate thing to perfect spotify! With a speaker that's a little to muffled or to sharp, you can easily adjust the eq so you don't have to buy a new sound system or headphones!

PandaJerk

Let's face it, you're obviously not going to develop this in-app.  And you don't have to, but at least lean on Apple to allow piping the raw stream back through iOS and allow the native EQ or even a third-party EQ app to tweak the levels.

(So far) 35 pages of users clamoring for this, and that's just in one thread.  Imagine how many more there are that aren't the type to post something about it.  You're so proud to say how many users you have, but these days customers have short attention spans; remember Myspace?

And opening up your catalog to all mobile users FOR FREE was nice but that will just reveal a new group of listeners that are going to be disappointed there is no EQ.  Obviously most won't care about this, but then again there are some features already in that most users don't care about.  Facebook integration comes to mind, for me.

Pay some respect to your (paying or otherwise) clients (that's us, not your advertisers) and at least muster up a response.   The ball is in your court, Ek...

99x

I don't know if this has been written before, however I have great news for Mac users!

You can download a little app called AirFoil, and then set equalizer for the whole system! (which means equaliser for Spotify as well)

However, since this requires extra time to process, you'll get a lag about 2 seconds in your audio. Keep this in mind, and cancel Airfoil when you watch movies / videos. 

Peace out

Trpratt
I'd also like to request an equalizer for spotify, I'm a premium subscriber with a decent set if headphones that are very neutral sounding, I'm guessing for classical and jazz. However I prefer hip-hop techno pop and alternative, all benefit greatly from a little boosted bass and treble while keeping mids flat. My headphones sound amazing on my pc but kinda flat on my iphone and an eq is really kind of a deal breaker at this point, might just start buying itunes songs to use the iOS eq if we don't get one. Tons of requests for one why wouldn't the largest music app include such a simple feature?
bzacon

Would be really nice to have an official EQ for spotify, Equalify has stopped working on my computer and I really miss it.

TheTuete

Please bring back the Equalizer in the iOS App. At least for people who are Premiumusers - cause we are paying for the maximum of musical enjoyment!

Dreadm
Dear spotify, if you will not come up with an EQ then i'm affraid that i'll cancel my monthly sub and replace you with the new Beats Music. Would be nice enough to make a statement to us (your customera) if and so when this will be done an if not ten just say so. Then we can all replace your app for a different one. A disappointed iPhone user...
penzerr

I am simply going to switch to Beats Music, if it offers a built-in equalizer for iOS. Otherwise, I will just start buying music from iTunes.

Either way, I am cancelling my subscription very soon, because I cannot wait anymore. It is plain embarrassing for a 'music' app to lack equalizer. Good bye Spotify.

--long time customer.

Zackfletch00

Come on, Spotify.  It amazes me that the world's highest quality music service still lacks this feature.