Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Add Equalizer in Spotify

For ipod touch there is a huge need for eq because Spotify bypasses the regular Apple Sound Settings.

I use high end headphones but need to be able to fintune the settings so I can enjoy my music and tech equally.

So please, please make an EQ for the spotify app

Updated: 2015-09-17

Spotify now lets you enjoy music audio the way you want to hear it with the launch of our in-app equalizer on the iPhone and iPad.

Simply update the latest version of the Spotify iOS app and go to Settings > Playback > Equalizer to access the new feature.

If you're one of our Android friends, we already have a native equalizer which you can access inside the app under Audio Effects in the Settings. 

If you'd like to see an equalizer on desktop you can give kudos to this "Equalizer for the Desktop Version" idea. Thanks!

Comments
charlesandstuff

I would love to have an equalizer on spotify!! it is a must. Next update please for pc, mac, android and iphone :]

EQ is a must!

When I switch from my default music playing app "Poweramp" (which has one of the best sounding audio-engines/EQs) to spotify, the drop in quality is so huge, I don´t even want to listen to synced playlists with highest quality.

Of course this is to a point caused by the generally higher quality in which I tend to save my music (OGG with high bitrates), but it´s also the spotify audio engine that is IMO not top-notch.

A high quality EQ would help even that out...

fx32
Hi, you should add an Equalizer (in the iphone app) to get my music-obsession in a higher level!!!

e.g.: SRS wow

Thank you
squarebomb

Need a slider equalizer like the one on iTunes, please.  Thanks!

LeRoi
Not olny for the phone but olso for the desktop my mini notebook doesn't have a nice Eq so i prefer shifters so ik can fine tune it like i want but basic settings for every genre would be nice as well.
adzza24

All it needs is 3 controls: treble, mid, and bass. each set to the middle of the slider as the default (just plays as the song is recorded - for those who don't like a decent sound and so don't fiddle with their settings) but then you have the option of upping or reducing each slider as well.

Another useful feature of the EQs is that they normally allow you to increase the overall dB of your music, because not all headphones produce the same volume, and different situations (eg: commuting on a noisy train) require different levels of volume, which not all headphones can handle.

pogbellies

3 sliders might be a bit limiting, e.g. If you're happy with mid and upper bass but want more sub bass. Anyway does anyone know if this is being worked on by Spotify?

Rocio
Status changed to: Implemented

Hello folks!

First at all, truly sorry for the delay on updating this idea, we know it has been here for a while..Sometimes we need to prioritize, because we have a lot of ideas coming in every day.

We here you loud and clear, and we are going to mark this as "Under Consideration". The team is working now on it and thinking of the best way to make it happen. So check this thread out for next updates!

Thanks a lot for your feedback and contribution, we really appreciate this at Spotify 🙂

mccanns

Eq would be the icing on the cake... seems an obvious improvement

prairiedog

How about EQ for Premium Users at $10 a month - COMEON" BETA!!!