Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Add Equalizer in Spotify

For ipod touch there is a huge need for eq because Spotify bypasses the regular Apple Sound Settings.

I use high end headphones but need to be able to fintune the settings so I can enjoy my music and tech equally.

So please, please make an EQ for the spotify app

Updated: 2015-09-17

Spotify now lets you enjoy music audio the way you want to hear it with the launch of our in-app equalizer on the iPhone and iPad.

Simply update the latest version of the Spotify iOS app and go to Settings > Playback > Equalizer to access the new feature.

If you're one of our Android friends, we already have a native equalizer which you can access inside the app under Audio Effects in the Settings. 

If you'd like to see an equalizer on desktop you can give kudos to this "Equalizer for the Desktop Version" idea. Thanks!

Comments
Stormrider01

I'm an android user and would like to have an integrated equalizer different from the native device in you could be able to improve bass and has pre amp. Apps like black player or even musixmatch have really good equalizers. Please Spotify team implement this so we all can have better sound and enjoy the app 

kerpnet

It is RIDICULOUS that there is not a built-in equalizer for Spotify for Mac. This is the reason I cancelled my membership the first time, and after this trial is over, I'm back to Apple Music because of this simple missing feature. 

Music sounds flat without the standard "Rock" preset that boosts the lows and highs.

DeathToast

there is an EQ in the app version i dont understand why there isnt for the PC haha

dcburg3r

This needs to happen for desktop and the web player too. I am amazed that it isnt a native feature!

Daan00094

After 2 years i'm back.

I made a lot of posts here, untill I rooted my Android and installed "Viper4Android" EQ.

Now I have a new phone (Moto Z2 Play with power snap, **bleep** yeah), but I can't root because of warranty, and now I have this problem back.

People are here asking for a bult-in EQ for years and years and nothing untill now.

Default Android EQ sucks, and there aren't good EQ apps in store.

Now I have to listen to a flat and poor quality music, I even lost the desire to hear music from a monthly paying app.

Please, correct this, a lot of people are asking. for YEARS.

Daan00094

DeathToast. The EQ in app actualy use the default android EQ installed, at least for Android (I don't know about iOS).

Why this is marked as "Implemented" ?

I suggest to install "Viper4Android" for whose has rooted device and know how to change system services. If you haven't or can't, try the "Poweramp" player demo, it has an excelent bult-in EQ. It's THAT what we are asking for. Please.

dcburg3r

Dan00094
Indeed I believe this should not be marked as implemented. An EQ is a basic function of anything that plays audio these days. For my android i have the pleasure of using PowerAmp, and there is roughly 80Gb of audio on my phone, so im happy there. But for PC or the web player.... I cant even install a 3rd party software to get an eq! Spotify should at least implement the ability for plugins if they're too lazy to put an eq in.

Daan00094

2 years ago, when I commented here, people started to "shake" this post, I gave my way and stoped to follow. Now that I need again, I saw all posts and things are getting colder here. 

Maybe with we shake this again, and make this thing get to 100, 200 pages, maybe they'll start to think in something.

Daan00094

I was wondering, if this thing is marked as implemented, the moderators won't see new posts here, what if we create a new one ? "Add Equalizer in Spotify" it's a generic title, it's true that it's "implemented" (with ""), but not the way we want.

I believe creating a new idea, explaining in details, they'll understand, and maybe if people mark kudos, maybe we'll get what we want.

rich-179

Spotify included an equalizer feature in the past and have been informed through on line communication it is no longer available, despite HELP instructions on site.

This feature has been very useful and would like to have access to it again soon.