Add Shuffle Play Button to Artist Pages on Premium Accounts

Sometimes (even with Premium) I just want to listen to an artist on shuffle. Why can't my premium account have the Shuffle Play button like my test free account does? 

The Shuffle Play button on premium account should simply shuffle play all of the artists content on Spotify (so no suggested tracks like you sometimes get on the free version). 

Free:

Screenshot_2013-12-27-12-55-16.png

Premium:

Screenshot_2013-12-27-12-58-21.png

2014-05-15

Hey guys! As you've noticed Premium users can now hit "Shuffle Play" on an artist page to hear all tracks.

photo (17).PNG

Free users can also shuffle artists on their mobile devices but will receive some suggested tracks. For more info on using Spotify Free on your mobile click here.

Comments
user-removed
Not applicable

Any sign of this coming to the Mac version? It's absolutely criminal that this feature was removed for paying customers. 

Spotify
Spotify
Status changed to: Implemented

2014-05-15

Hey guys! As you've noticed Premium users can now hit "Shuffle Play" on an artist page to hear all tracks.

photo (17).PNG

Free users can also shuffle artists on their mobile devices but will receive some suggested tracks. For more info on using Spotify Free on your mobile click here.

Great but it doesnt work like it should.  On the desktop app if you click any song, as long as all albus are open it will shuffle everything. Not so on the mobile. It will only shuffle a small amount of songs from that artist where it should shuffle their entire library of songs. Fix this!

Agreed with JSD. I am frustrated that on mobile, (I'm subscribed) that I'm only getting the same 4 songs over and over. Is there a fix?

Shuffle play for one artist is a nice idea, but it repeats same songs too much. See the picture for an example, I see one song thrice on one page of queue.

android-sportify-artist-shuffle.png

Why was "play all tracks by artist" merged with this thread? The previous thread had nothing to do with shuffling. The best albums are often written with the entire album in mind--shuffling ruins the listening experience for MANY artists. On the desktop app, I can view a whole list of an artist's songs in order of album, start with any song in the line-u, and it'll play all tracks, in order of album, over the course of the next few hours. But the mobile app requires I view one album at a time (or shuffle the entire selection and ruin the listening experience for many tracks). I just purchased a subscription last month but this limitation kind of ruins the whole point, for me.

This is an old thread now, but I don't see this addressed.

I'd like to echo JSD and MissHope above:

Ive attempted to shuffle ABBA's full Spotify catalogue multiple times from my iOS device today and only two albums shuffle.

The design is not intuitive to hit shuffle above 5 random "popular" tracks expecting it to play the entire discography and then it doesn't even do that!

Would it be so cumbersome to just have an "All tracks by artist" section on mobile we could shuffle?

Maybe it's just me..but when i go to an artists page and hit shuffle..i want to listen to ALL of their music...not just their most recent album/albums