Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Add video on casted TV device for podcasts casted via Chromecast/Roku etc.

Podcasts that currently have video available on your mobile or desktop device, lose the video feature once you cast it to a TV via Chromecast. This is a major surprise as this is a frequent way of watching video podcasts on TV. Please consider casting the video part of the podcast along with the audio on casted devices.

IMG_20200901_125644.jpg

Updated on 2021-09-16

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this feature is now available on multiple big screen devices, such as Chromecast and Roku (Roku TVs with firmware 8.2/ Roku Set top Boxes with firmware 9.0).

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
Rhinohelix

This is costing them at least one sub/Premium account.  How can they not even have Roku listed?  Isn't it one of the biggest non-console streaming platforms in the world?

intoxicus

This is NOT the idea I put forward.

We need video for podcasts for the *TV APPS*.

And don't forget Roku in that list either...

Casting is a mediocre experience and not what my idea was asking for.

How ridiculous is it that on a TV I can only have audio for video based podcasts.

Audio only, on a TV...

Does Spotify even use their own service? Anyone from Spotify that tried to watch video podcasts would notice this immediately and do something one would think...

teddiford

Video support needs to be added to the Roku app. The Apple TV video doesn’t work either. Why is this the process of getting things done? It’s asinine that you can’t just follow through with the basic. The Joe Rogan Experience was brought over to Spotify knowing it came with video feed. That video feed should be available anywhere Spotify can be played. Pretty simple.

intoxicus

"Why is this the process of getting things done? It’s asinine that you can’t just follow through with the basic. The Joe Rogan Experience was brought over to Spotify knowing it came with video feed. That video feed should be available anywhere Spotify can be played. Pretty simple."

Exactly.
Do the Spotify Executives even know that a fundamentally basic feature is lacking while Spotify is being lambasted in their own ideas forum and other online forums for being unbelievably disconnected form their customers?

I know if I were and Exec and found out I would lose my poo over this. 

Every person at Spotify that is not taking the position of "we messed up, this is a huge oversight, and we need to fix this 9 months ago before the Execs notice this" is holding Spotify back.

In general your job as an employee is to help advance your employer and add value to both customer and employer.

How much is Spotify paying people to fail at being employees?

I say this because as a person dealing with disabilities that prevent me from pursuing my passions and career goals it drives me nuts to see people take their opportunities for granted like this.

If you do want to passive aggressively sabotage your employer than *do it in a way that impacts only the employer and NOT the customer!* Too often people try to sabotage the company they resent and wind up doing more harm to the people that would otherwise be on their side than the employer. Taking it out on customers does nothing to retaliate against your employer. It only make you look bad and make people dislike you personally.

Y'all slackers are an embarrassment. And are doing a poor job of representing Spotify. Literally the lack of TV apps having video is the final straw why I cancelled Premium.

What needs to happen should be obvious but I'll spell it out like I'm a CEO anyway:
-Any feature that is "fundamental" or "basic" needs to be implemented with the utmost highest priority. The app is devalued everytime a customer says "How is this not possible, this is basic." Spotify should not deter customers by failing to provide basic and fundamental functionality.
-The ideas forum is NOT a place to let good ideas die. Take it seriously and don't use it as an excuse to ignore feedback from customers.

-Ads on Premium Content either stops, or it is advertised truthfully so Spotify doesn't violate Canadian Law and/or advertising laws of any country we do business in.

-We should not have upset customers because we can't be bothered to deploy a feature that should have been there since Day 1.

Mario
Status changed to: Live Idea

Updated on 2021-06-13

Hey everyone,

Thanks for bringing us your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

Your suggestion has gathered the votes necessary and your feedback is now reaching the internal teams at Spotify. They're aware of the vote count and popularity of this idea. We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here, too.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Bigball

Please for the love of god get on this.

Nathlive

Please, please , please add podcast video to Samsung TV Spotify App. I want to be able to watch JRE on TV again!!! Come on mate... It just has to happen! 😉

Rich1488

I agree they need to allow the videos to play for podcasts (JRE) on the roku devices

angermgmt20

If no one is aware, I am now able to watch video on the Spotify app thru Comcast cable box. Thank you Spotify for finally making this available. 

MGruntfuttock

+1 for video on Roku native (not casting).

+1 for the JRE podcast!

Hey Spotify Management,

When is the status of this fundamental, obvious and necessary functionality going to move from "Live Idea" to "Under Consideration"?