Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Add video on casted TV device for podcasts casted via Chromecast/Roku etc.

Podcasts that currently have video available on your mobile or desktop device, lose the video feature once you cast it to a TV via Chromecast. This is a major surprise as this is a frequent way of watching video podcasts on TV. Please consider casting the video part of the podcast along with the audio on casted devices.

IMG_20200901_125644.jpg

Updated on 2021-09-16

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this feature is now available on multiple big screen devices, such as Chromecast and Roku (Roku TVs with firmware 8.2/ Roku Set top Boxes with firmware 9.0).

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
TheBat

Yes. Implementing preexisting video playback on any device that a customer can use from home (PlayStation, Xbox, Roku, Chromecast, ect) seems like a win-win to me.

Spotify could be streaming video on these platforms and gaining viewership.

Wonder if it’s intentional and beneficial not to let consumers use Spotify this way and if so I wonder why. It just seems like a no-brainer, but maybe there’s a strategy there.

FesterCouples

Yes please, lets get this done. JRE has been on Spotify for 8+ months and yet we have no video on Roku.

dubd
closer to a year, there is something wrong with Spotify.
dwa247

I also like watching the Joe Rogan Experience podcast. I have a Roku Streaming Stick+ and would like to see video capability added to the Spotify app for my Roku device. Since this capability is currently not available, I typically watch the JRE podcast on my computer. Please add video capability to the Spotify app for Roku streaming devices ASAP.

bove11

i still only watch JRE on youtube clips. spotify could increase their numbers if they wanted to do this.

Ksabz
Lol I thought a nice comment would get traction on this issue months ago too, unfortunately Spotify only acknowledged this as a customer need a few weeks ago (when they obviously are very aware and just choosing to stay silent). I now believe canceling our memberships may be the only way to help them understand. Good luck everyone!
teddiford
September 1 marks a whole year since Spotify has had the JRE. How in the world are you not supporting video playback on streaming devices?! Mainly all ROKU devices. 
***NOT CASTING***
Consider it +11,000,000
Stop with this "active idea" nonsense already and get it done.

kribor12

Also imagine the potential for parties! A projector on the wall and a Spotify group session will be amazing!

p-how
The video works on my Fire stick Spotify app so I view it this way. Still makes sense to add the capability to the TV app.
macgruber

Can’t understand how your product managers aren’t implementing this. Spotify is missing out on an entire vertical of digital media because of it.