Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Add video on casted TV device for podcasts casted via Chromecast/Roku etc.

Podcasts that currently have video available on your mobile or desktop device, lose the video feature once you cast it to a TV via Chromecast. This is a major surprise as this is a frequent way of watching video podcasts on TV. Please consider casting the video part of the podcast along with the audio on casted devices.

IMG_20200901_125644.jpg

Updated on 2021-09-16

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this feature is now available on multiple big screen devices, such as Chromecast and Roku (Roku TVs with firmware 8.2/ Roku Set top Boxes with firmware 9.0).

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
OneTwoAight

wow the community moderators are thick as mud it seems, way to go spotify

Paul775

Just fix the video issue on JRE!!!!

AnthonyFuller

Not only adding this to chromecast, firestick, etc...but also allowing for playback speed changes for those devices. Both are critical for JRE and other long form podcasts.

MrFranks

So many basic podcasting features being asked for here

OctoberDelight

PLEASE add video functionality for Joe Rogan Experience!!!!!  Spodify you are not responding to these requests AT ALL....Without it JRE is useless to us.  This is a basic requirement for heaven’s sake.

Video play on Chromecast AND Firestick, etc...and playback speed changes for those devices. All are very critical requirements and what most JRE subscribers are used to from You-Tube.  

PLEASE!!!!!!  Respond!!!!!

Paul775

I agree completely fix the issue, you’re greedy’s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don’t mess with JRE listeners you will regret it. 

Procol666

What is wrong with you Spotify? Just fix this issue, this shouldn't be a "new idea"! This is just insane!

jensed02

Spread the word people, this idea needs more votes!

It needs to pass 500 votes before Spotify will consider to implement it.

As mentioned on the Idea Exchange info page:

The Community team talks with various other Spotify teams several times a month about ideas with over 500 votes (our criteria for being a top idea). 

Paul775

You will lose all or most JRE listeners and WATCHERS. FIX THIS ON ALL PLATFORMS INCLUDING APPLE TV

Paulb485

Instead of holding meetings with your staff to discuss their “feelings” on the JRE, how about you add video to ALL streaming devices to the people who spend their hard earned money on your subscription service to watch the JRE. Toughen up snow flakes and do your job! If this isn’t fixed by December, I will cancel my premium subscription. And to those of you who are thinking “this guy is a privileged **bleep**”. Let me know explain how this works. Your job (that you feed yourself and pay your bills with) is to provide a superior service and make money off the subscriptions. If “I” the customer am not happy with your service (that I pay for), I cancel said Subscription. If enough customers cancel their subscription, you don’t have a job.