Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Add video on casted TV device for podcasts casted via Chromecast/Roku etc.

Podcasts that currently have video available on your mobile or desktop device, lose the video feature once you cast it to a TV via Chromecast. This is a major surprise as this is a frequent way of watching video podcasts on TV. Please consider casting the video part of the podcast along with the audio on casted devices.

IMG_20200901_125644.jpg

Updated on 2021-09-16

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this feature is now available on multiple big screen devices, such as Chromecast and Roku (Roku TVs with firmware 8.2/ Roku Set top Boxes with firmware 9.0).

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
Smackatoo

Annnnnnnd now, if you switch off the app and have it in the background, when you return, the play button doesn’t work, the back button doesn’t work, rewind or forward doesn’t… I mean, how do things just stop working??  What buttons are you guys constantly pressing?

Smackatoo

The app now totally crashes every single time you move off of it. You have to close out and reopen. iPhone 12 pro

Smackatoo

Based on the now 300 restarts anytime I let the app play in the background, then return either from another app or lockscreen and everything stops playing, the buttons stop working and needs a complete restart, I figure I’d make the same comment after every instance. Copying this text so I can be ready to post again!  This app continues to annoy me, I’ll continue to annoy you. Deal?  Deal. 

Smackatoo

Based on the now 400 restarts (skipped a few but maybe anytime I let the app play in the background, then return either from another app or lockscreen and everything stops playing, the buttons stop working and needs a complete restart, I figure I’d make the same comment after every instance. Copying this text so I can be ready to post again!  This app continues to annoy me, I’ll continue to annoy you. Deal?  Deal.

Smackatoo

Based on the now 500 restarts, (skipping every 100) anytime I let the app play in the background, then return either from another app or lockscreen, everything stops playing, the buttons stop working and app needs a complete restart, I figure I’d make the same comment after every instance. Copying this text so I can be ready to post again!  This app continues to annoy me… so I’ll continue to annoy you. Deal?  Deal.

JThomas757

it’s embarrassing that this hasn’t been fixed yet. You should be embarrassed. I’m really considering cancelling both of my Spotify subscriptions because they obviously couldn’t care less what their content creators or paid subscribers want. You took JRE off YouTube and now it seems as if you’re literally refusing to make his videos watchable on anything other than a mobile device. It’s been over 2 years since they obtained JRE and even though the host of the show has specifically said he wants TV streaming and a comment section, and the majority of the fans of the show have echoed that statement, Spotify continues to actively stand in the way of these easily achievable goals. FOR TWO YEARS. 

mitchell_goosen

Ha! This is still an issue? I cancelled last year after realizing they aren't going to implement basic video playback on more convenient devices (e.g. TVs, Android TV, Roku). I've since been self-hosting my own music like the good ol' days and save $$. Hint: It's surprisingly easy to find Rogan's podcast outside of Spotify.