Album Starring

Since some update occurred, you can no longer star entire albums when you are looking at that specific album. You have to go to the entire list of that artist's music to star the album, or star each song within the album individually.

I really, really, really liked the star button that allowed me to stay within the album while starring it. It's not a huge deal, but I REALLY liked that button! Can you bring it back? Smiley Sad

2015-01-14

Hey guys, with the introduction of Your Music you can 'Save' entire albums at once. These will then go straight into your Songs playlist. 

Comments
jacketboy
Casual Listener

@eddychiang, that doesn't "replace" the star album feature so much. That is just a good shortcut for starring all the tracks at once.  I want to have a started tracks list and a starred album list.  There are tons of albums that I wnat to star.  Dark Side of the Moon, Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots, A particular recording of Holst's Planets, 4 of my favorit John Coltrane albums.   Later when I want to play the album, I just want to go to my started albums and click on one link and get the album to start playing.  I don't want to go to a massive "Favorite Songs" list, scroll up and down to find the individual songs, and drag the songs out to my play queue.

Yes, another trick is to create playlists of each of your favorite albums.  I guess that kind of works too, but...  Bring back the star!  Some of us actually DO like to favorite whole albums and it makes it easier for followers to see that you stared the whole album rather than all 20 tracks on it.

meahtenoha
Spotify
Spotify
Status changed to: Implemented

2015-01-14

Hey guys, with the introduction of Your Music you can 'Save' entire albums at once. These will then go straight into your Songs playlist.