Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Album Art for each Track in a playlist

View as Album List was a great feature. Based on comments I have seen on other forums, I am not the only one who thinks so. Please restore this feature.

Reasons:

1) Images are much easier to see than text. I have reached the age of reading glasses. Before this feature was removed, I could easily find songs / albums in playlists. Now I have to find my glasses beforehand!

2) Images are much more compelling and attractive than text. A picture tells a thousand words etc. The whole look and feel of Spotify is enhanced through the use of album images. Removing them seems like going against good user experience practice.

3) Nostalgia. Although I love Spotify and I firmly believe that subscription is the future of music, I still feel some nostalgia for "possessing" a collection of albums. Displaying album covers reinforces the feeling of having a collection of albums in a playlist.

Note that all three arguments apply equally to desktop and iPad versions of Spotify.

November 2013: Response to the comments from Spotify...

- There is no need for a cmd+G control. All playlists should always display the album cover.

- The Collections product was announced almost a year ago but there is no sign of it.

- A Collections product that simply displays the thousands of albums that I have ever listened to is not a viable solution in my opinion. I would need multiple collections (i.e.. playlists).

May-2014

I have created a new idea http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Display-Album-Cover-on-Your-Music-Songs/idi-p/791029 requesting cover art on your music (and playlists). Please give it your kudos.

July 2015

I note that Apple Music displays album art on playlists on all platforms.

Apple Music.png

Updated on 2021-06-24

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this is now available on Android, iOS and Desktop. 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
Bumbajs

phone app ok, web ok, win app notok. Why? Album art is necessity!

AdamDam

I think this is a great idea! While I primarily use the desktop app, I like how the mobile app shows the album art for each track in a playlist, and I think it would be nice if the desktop app did as well

ianhandsup

It's so cool on the app! Would love to have it for desktop!

djvx1qqno1ebkue

Why not, when itʻs offered on other platforms?

cameroncoleman

Just separated my massive playlist into separate ones - being able to see recognisable cover art on desktop would allow me to find old favourites easily! iOS already has this, shouldn't be hard for desktop.

bigunzzz

Any updates on this? You have updated the ios and web apps to show album covers, why not the mac app as well?

BigDoggeTom

Bumping because this is a feature of the Android app but not desktop app

Liam5971

Even though my Macbook has the Spotify app, but I still prefer to use Spotify Web because Spotify Web has a list of Artwork that the PC Spotify app doesn't have. Please make this feature available soon. This post already starts from 2013 until 2021... 

willseagon

I wonder if this will ever get added. Would make scrolling through my liked songs much easier especially since I tend to remember a songs album cover before its name.

camereye
After all this time, I think they will never do it. Competitors offers a
very convenient album view. The prices are quite similar, I suggest you to
move on. Spotify didn't change anything in years.