Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Album Art for each Track in a playlist

View as Album List was a great feature. Based on comments I have seen on other forums, I am not the only one who thinks so. Please restore this feature.

Reasons:

1) Images are much easier to see than text. I have reached the age of reading glasses. Before this feature was removed, I could easily find songs / albums in playlists. Now I have to find my glasses beforehand!

2) Images are much more compelling and attractive than text. A picture tells a thousand words etc. The whole look and feel of Spotify is enhanced through the use of album images. Removing them seems like going against good user experience practice.

3) Nostalgia. Although I love Spotify and I firmly believe that subscription is the future of music, I still feel some nostalgia for "possessing" a collection of albums. Displaying album covers reinforces the feeling of having a collection of albums in a playlist.

Note that all three arguments apply equally to desktop and iPad versions of Spotify.

November 2013: Response to the comments from Spotify...

- There is no need for a cmd+G control. All playlists should always display the album cover.

- The Collections product was announced almost a year ago but there is no sign of it.

- A Collections product that simply displays the thousands of albums that I have ever listened to is not a viable solution in my opinion. I would need multiple collections (i.e.. playlists).

May-2014

I have created a new idea http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Display-Album-Cover-on-Your-Music-Songs/idi-p/791029 requesting cover art on your music (and playlists). Please give it your kudos.

July 2015

I note that Apple Music displays album art on playlists on all platforms.

Apple Music.png

Updated on 2021-06-24

Hey folks,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange and voting to make this happen.

We're happy to announce that this is now available on Android, iOS and Desktop. 

Once again, thanks for helping us make Spotify better, by participating here on the Community.

Comments
paupeol
It doesn’t work on the desktop app which is the one that I use
stevepony

Wow, actually you are right! I added a podcast to one of my playlists and RIGHT away that playlist shows cover for each title! That is awesome on one hand - on the other hand a strange workaround AND doesn't work on desktop! 😞

SPOTIFY: What are you on about...??? 😞

OboeMel

Any way to bring this up again? I just switched from Google Music, and I really NEED this figure as a listener of classical music!!!

OboeMel

We can see the album artwork next to each song in a playlist on mobile (Android), why can't we see it on desktop?  There's plenty of screen real estate!

stevepony

It really is ridiculous! Spotify taking care of all kind **bleep** features. But all playlists still look like a desert. So stupid!

KemonoJade

Please add this as a feature for the desktop client. If not default, at least make it a toggle option. Thanks!

MateuszD

Moved to Spotify from GPM, must admit that I'm having trouble finding my songs without the album art. I got used to look for a specific art when looking for songs. 

It's rather idiotic not to include such feature. Spotify is the first music app I think that doesn't have it. It's like the very basic of what a music app does, displays songs with their album title and art...

A part of me is thinking I need to start looking for a new platform again.

Chrisw2016

I like the album art as it is now but when it was first introduced the art was too big which meant you had to keep scrolling more to see the tracks. The size now is good as more tracks are displayed. 

wtfusernameagai

I also need this option and won't use the desktop app until it's available.

Playlists are difficult to navigate and just boring walls of text without the album art column.

This feature is fine in the web app, so I'm continuing to use that for now.

It's a pity the web app is too slow to load, and the pause feature hangs after a while, so that it can't be unpaused when I get back from pausing the playlist to do something else. Otherwise I'd be perfectly happy with the state of the web app.

The android app is fine in all these regards, but I need Spotify working on my computers too.

rockguru87

Please add this feature. It's on mobile, needs to be on the desktop. So much easier to find songs in my playlists.