Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] All 9999 offline Tracks assigned to a single Device

Currently there is a limit of 9999 downloaded tracks spread acress 3 devices (3333 tracks per device). This means if you have a large playlist you are stuck with a subset on a deivce or swap device. 

My idea is that this 9999 tracks be more dynamic, it should be that I can use my 9999 tracks on any of my devices and just one if I so wish. 

Please can this be implemented as it will allow a much more user friendly experience and allows people with a large playlist the freedom of having that playlist on their device without having to cut down the list or split it across devices.

Updated on 2018-09-12

At Spotify, we’re always working on improving the experience for our users. We can now confirm that we have increased the number of offline tracks per device - from 3333 on 3 devices to 10.000 tracks per device for up to 5 devices.

Comments
Marco
Status changed to: Up for Votes

Updated: 2015-09-01

Marked as new idea and slightly edited the title to make it easier to find via search.
In the past this idea has been suggested already here but it has been 2 years since then and things might have changed. Therefore this topic will stay open for discussion and gaining kudos until it gets reviewed again. 😉

Ubudeco
You are wasting your time complaining. Customer service is abysmal. We are the unpaid workers of Spotify and if millions have an issue, it might be addressed.
christopherhall

I agree maybe a few years ago when his was first suggested the idea of being able to carry 10,000 songs on your phone would have been a pipe dream. However I do feel that now it would be sensible to up that limit.

I mainly use my phone to play music and it is linked up to my home stero system. It is easier to play music via my phone than to have to turn my computer on each time.

I have in the past worked with databases continaing a similar amout of music as Spotify itself and cannot see a reason why this would not be possible. Not even as far as the licensing issues that would be impacted.

Please Spotify reconsider this and have the compassion to listen to what your users are requesting.

Chris

newbon_2000
I would also like to be able to use my 9999 limit on one device rather than loose out on 6666 downloads on other devices where I don't need offline downloads. Note it would also be handy to show '# downloaded' (in settings for example) so I can see if I'm close to the limit.
dctuazon

I am also hoping that this would get implemented. I just hit the "download limit" and I am quite shocked that something like this was in place. I really hope this overall limit would be usable on even one device.

raoden

Edit: Just found out that you can edit your offline devices in the spotify account settings. It looks like that would assing the entire quota to one device, if you so wish.

Also, just as a comparison: Offline limit for Google Music is currently at 50.000 songs...

I ran into the limit recently and also listen to my music with my phone and no other device.  Upping or removing this limit would be a great idea as if it stands I'll walk to another service with a higher limit.

radiotsar

I just dropped in a 128 GB external card this weekend, only to hit the limit.  I thought something was wrong, so I started over - what a waste of time that was.  I got the 128 GB because I was on a 2 hr flight with no wifi and had to listen to the songs that Spotify had chosen to download into my 64 GB (what IS the methodology for what gets downloaded first anyway?  Mine seemed to be mostly bands/artist that started with the letter P) repeatedly.  I can't imagine what it would be like to fly overseas with this limitation.

Please up the limit.

derxk

agree

Definitely would love to have all 9999 on a single device.