Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] All 9999 offline Tracks assigned to a single Device

Currently there is a limit of 9999 downloaded tracks spread acress 3 devices (3333 tracks per device). This means if you have a large playlist you are stuck with a subset on a deivce or swap device. 

My idea is that this 9999 tracks be more dynamic, it should be that I can use my 9999 tracks on any of my devices and just one if I so wish. 

Please can this be implemented as it will allow a much more user friendly experience and allows people with a large playlist the freedom of having that playlist on their device without having to cut down the list or split it across devices.

Updated on 2018-09-12

At Spotify, we’re always working on improving the experience for our users. We can now confirm that we have increased the number of offline tracks per device - from 3333 on 3 devices to 10.000 tracks per device for up to 5 devices.

Comments
derxk
I used Spotify for a month. Moved to Apple Music just because of the limit. I have no regrets
meahtenoha
Status changed to: Not Right Now
Updated: 2016-01-28

Hi everyone, Spotify Staff here. We don't have any plans to allow 9,999 offline tracks one device, instead of 3,333 across three devices. This idea is still open for comments, thanks for coming to the Spotify Community with your feedback.

derxk
Thats completely insane. I'm done with Spotify. Apple music, here I come.
raoden

Sorry, this is not feasible. I am used to having my music collection with me when I travel. No more spotify for me, then.

Gingerbreado
Really wishing this would happen.
Habs24x

My problem is having too many devices...I own 3 smartphones, 3 tablets and 2 computers.

Wouldn't mind 1500 sons on each but I'm limited to 3 measly devices.

the 3333 limit per device is stupid

tbrown241

This limit was sad news for me today when my newest playlist would not sync to my device. I've read multiple threads on this issue, and it is clear that Spotify has not addressed it in the last few years. I love Spotify, but not enough to be restricted to a low offline sync limit.

Please fix this. 25k limit on Apple Music and 50k limit on Google. Both are options at this point.

PS - going on two years paid membership on Spottify. Loyal customer here. Very sad to reach such a low limit.

alwaysanswerb

It is so strange to me how each of the major streaming music services -- I'm thinking Spotify, Google, and Apple here -- all seem to be hard at work adding and tinkering with features no one asked for, while not addressing some major complaints from their users about seemingly basic functionality concerns. 

I started with Spotify, and because of issues (the 3,333 per device limit, saved albums and songs randomly disappearing, so many problems with Connect, inconsistent at best syncing of local tracks) I actually tried out both Google and Apple music. Either should have been an easy transition, but both had issues there as well I couldn't get past, considering how much a pain in the butt transferring all of my music from Spotify would be. So, in short, I decided to stick with Spotify. I guess to everyone at the company, it means they don't have to worry about my concerns because they're doing a "good enough" job; I wonder why they wouldn't aim for providing, unequivocally, the best service. The fact that every time I have an issue I need help with, there is no one I can speak to directly, but instead have to come to these boards and see questions either ignored or outright labeled as "we don't care" is so infuriating as a paying subscriber.

JoshuaG

So I just bought the iPhone 6s with 128gb for the sole purpose to download all my playlists to my iphone.. only to find out that there is a limit!!...  😞 I'm grateful for the pluses of Spotify and its playlists and other options versus Pandora's limitations but this download limit is frustrating. Once again, I am fully pleased will all Spotify offers except this!! It honestly has me looking into Apple Music. I would have never imagined to even research this question prior to buying this phone. I'm happy with Spotify up til now.. but this headache has me thinking about dropping their services!!!!

Spotify, can you PLEASE up the limit???.. it would show us users that our feedback its valuble.. epecially if we see that you accommodated this request from countless customers. Come on Spotify, show us your integrity and adapt your systems usability to the users needs!

Now something that would be cool is for Spotify to allow the user to add multiple artists to the Radio stations versus a station based on one artist or one song. Lets say I want a mix of two different genres on a Radio station.. how do I do that with Spotify?.. I'm open to feedback if anyone knows more than me about this.

Thank you all for your time!

Joshua G.