Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] All 9999 offline Tracks assigned to a single Device

Currently there is a limit of 9999 downloaded tracks spread acress 3 devices (3333 tracks per device). This means if you have a large playlist you are stuck with a subset on a deivce or swap device. 

My idea is that this 9999 tracks be more dynamic, it should be that I can use my 9999 tracks on any of my devices and just one if I so wish. 

Please can this be implemented as it will allow a much more user friendly experience and allows people with a large playlist the freedom of having that playlist on their device without having to cut down the list or split it across devices.

Updated on 2018-09-12

At Spotify, we’re always working on improving the experience for our users. We can now confirm that we have increased the number of offline tracks per device - from 3333 on 3 devices to 10.000 tracks per device for up to 5 devices.

Comments
S47

I'm behind a firewall at work... And as Spotify fails to grab a hold of the internet connection through the automated proxy scripts, I'm stuck with the offline mode, and downloading when I have access to an outside internet connection (ex. hot-spot mobile).

But now it will no longer download and I have no clue if this is due to the device limit, the #songs limit, if spotify utilizes a port which is now blocked by the company.... Can safely say theat this is rather crappy feedback from the app. I'm managing all my familys music subscriptions, and am now seriously considering moving us all to wimp.

mwkoehler

I dropped Apple/Beats/Mog after dropping several others and upgraded my Spotify account to a paid account for offline access as I often listen where I have no access.

Very quickly I hit "Waiting to download" which does not explain anything.  Maybe at least fix this error message vying for the award of the least helpful/actively misinforming message.

If I have 3,333 songs downloaded it is unclear to me.  I keep unmarking things to get under the limit and every Monday Discovery Weekly puts me right over again.

Either make it 9999 total, remove the limit, or give me a better way to clear out what I don't wan't given such a stingy limit.

Thinking of going back to Apple as this is taking away all the pleasure in listening to music.

JJRules

This limit should be removed or a better reason provided. I've only run into the limitation recently but it's quite frustrating.

milessmithjr

I just cancelled my Spotify Premium subscription.  While it has generally seemed that the Spotify executable dropped from space and no one had any idea how to fix things or implement improvements, the interface on the iPhone had become reasonable.  My deal breaker was the download limitation.  I bought a 128 GB iPhone so I could keep a large offline music library.  Then one day an album wouldn't download and, guess what, there was no error code or message telling me why.  So of course I had to google it.  Oh; couldn't they have just said that when it didn't download?

I started with MOG which I loved.  I chose Spotify after MOG went away.  Then I hit the deal breaker.  I tried Rdio to replace Spotify and it was fine . . . until it went away.  Currently I'm on Slacker since they have added offline listening.

And the beat goes on . . . 

Pedda
Well it could be an idea to have a counter of downloaded songs, somewhere in the menu, to know where you're at. Or some kind of warning message when you reach the magic number of 3333. I'm glad it's not 6666....
Patrick
spotify_alts

i tried spotify but left because of this, now using Deezer.

But i'm curious are there any other good alternatives that work in europe?

Velsynic

I'm not reading the other comments since I just want to post my thoughts on this issue. A limiter to offline downloads is always a bad idea. I did not know about this since I usually did just stream the music all the time. I switched services on my mobile device and now require the offline downloads option.

I may go back to using Spotify for free and getting the music I discover on Spotify elsewhere. I keep large libraries of music on me all the time since my usual transit is 1 hour to 2 hours at any given time daily one way. Up to 4 hours a day daily. I do not wish to pay unreal amounts of money for limited data plans through cellphone companies or other services. To then have a limit on music is irritating.

If I have to pull out a rigged up portable usb flash memory storage dedicated to music again, I will. Spotify has the convenience factor for offline downloads, but this limiting of songs is making me switch playlislts on/off frequently. Very bothersome. Each device should be unlimited, if each device has this capability. 

I may just do both, my own storage again and have spotify on the side for more recent artists, but I'm undecided. 

CL1CKS

I have been told by Spotify before years ago that it is some sort of licensing issue. If this is in fact true then they have **bleep**ty lawyers or whoever they have negotiating with the music industry. If it is a software issue then there is no excuse. I'm not sure be it is the one reason I almost left. There should be no limit to offline, no limit to playlist size, and no limit to saves music. For a company making as much money as Spotify you would think they would have better teams working on the biggest issues. I do however think it is nice they let the community suggest new features or changes, but in reality figuring out the obstacles to all these limitations should be top priority. 

ironkiken

Where is the value for those who only use a mobile device?

Why should I need 3 devices to listen all my music?

Unless I´m missing anything... It´s bit of nonsense

K_Turner217

I've had spotify for years but that fact I can't sync all of my music on my iphone which is all I use spotify on is making me highly consider canceling my subsciption. It's totally useless if I can't listen to all of my music offline and have to burn through my data, We pay for the services we should be allowed to choose where and how much we sync for offline play. 

Sincerely,

A customer on the brink of canceling