Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] All 9999 offline Tracks assigned to a single Device

Currently there is a limit of 9999 downloaded tracks spread acress 3 devices (3333 tracks per device). This means if you have a large playlist you are stuck with a subset on a deivce or swap device. 

My idea is that this 9999 tracks be more dynamic, it should be that I can use my 9999 tracks on any of my devices and just one if I so wish. 

Please can this be implemented as it will allow a much more user friendly experience and allows people with a large playlist the freedom of having that playlist on their device without having to cut down the list or split it across devices.

Updated on 2018-09-12

At Spotify, we’re always working on improving the experience for our users. We can now confirm that we have increased the number of offline tracks per device - from 3333 on 3 devices to 10.000 tracks per device for up to 5 devices.

Comments
Mnyb

This is unacceptable for so many reasons and have been unsolved for four years ! Can't believe the app even left Q&A testing without working cache handling let me explain all this is compounded by several issues .

the track limit to begin with why a measly 3333 tracks or 10000 tracks on 3 devices unlimited is the only acceptable solution .

if you still have to impose a limit say 50000 tracks like Google . Why are there fixed limits per device let me use my limit one device and freely move between devices ?

further as unsyncing tracks don't really free your 3333 limit , the app has a bug here , you have to unsync everything and uninstall the app on you iPhones and iPads and then start from scratch on all iPhones and pads to fit the tracks where you want them .

i don't think Spotify gives darn , there app is just to expose users to currently popular music , the experience is designed together with the labels .

but as premium user I should be able to create my own experience .

for example I simple expect to be able to mimic my humble 46000 track collection I have on my local music server , this is a very modest request , serious collectors do have ten times more tracks ?

flweller

Just ran into this issue this morning, pitiful.  Just upgraded a month ago to the Family Plan, but I will now need to look at other options.  3333 is rediculous and 9999 for a single device is not much better... horrible.

_Ravaeron_

darn it Spotify, I just reached this limit and I was like.. seriously?
Since it is our own storage we are using, and the files you download are only compatible with the Spotify app, what is the problem?
Google Music allows for up to 50.000 songs to be stored offline.
Is this issue just going to go into the bin? Seems like it's been there for almost 3 years now?
This is a paid service, I often run into an annoyance to do with the fact that I can't find/play certain songs on Spotify already, and this just tops it off man.. now I know that it's not Spotify's fault that some artists don't upload their songs but this download limit is really weird. Please look into it.

Thanks in advance and kind regards

itsmetopher

I have had so many issues with my Spotify account thank god I'm not actually paying for it anymore. It comes as part of my mobile package with Spark New Zealand or I would have switched over to Apple Music by now. However, I just hit the max out for offline sync songs but I just tested removing an artist from my iPhone but it also made it disappear from my Macbook app as well. Is there anyway to remove songs from the synced offline list but not have them delete entirely? 

jonlb

The very low limit is pretty annoying. I have hit it on mulitiple occations and now instead of downloading all my library I have to select and deselect albums/tracks whenever i hit the limit which is often and now when I travel I dont have all the music I want.

Spotify said on another thred that this only affects 1% of its customers so they didnt think it was something that needed to be changed. Seems strange since as far as im aware spotify premium has around 10 million subscribers so assuming they meant 1% of their paying customers thats a minimum of one hundred thousand subscribers affected. 

Just about to swop over to deezer but I would come back if this was changed as I prefer a lot of things about spotify.

jowst

I'd like this too. I use spotify on multiple devices, but only one of those has a data limit, and I am approaching the 3.3k limit rapidly with those discover weekly playlists containing just so many good songs 🙂

princdarknes

Gonna switch to google music if the limit does not bump, I have and am about ready to start telling my friends to switch like I got them to switch to Spotify

pastafazola

Case closed. Account canceled. 

Mega1026

I just recently switched from a Google Play Music family plan to the Spotify family plan, and this one featue it about the only thing I dont like about Spotify.

I may have to go back to GPM if this does not get corrected

alv4

I can't believe this is even true. Really?

Please expand the limit