Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] All 9999 offline Tracks assigned to a single Device

Currently there is a limit of 9999 downloaded tracks spread acress 3 devices (3333 tracks per device). This means if you have a large playlist you are stuck with a subset on a deivce or swap device. 

My idea is that this 9999 tracks be more dynamic, it should be that I can use my 9999 tracks on any of my devices and just one if I so wish. 

Please can this be implemented as it will allow a much more user friendly experience and allows people with a large playlist the freedom of having that playlist on their device without having to cut down the list or split it across devices.

Updated on 2018-09-12

At Spotify, we’re always working on improving the experience for our users. We can now confirm that we have increased the number of offline tracks per device - from 3333 on 3 devices to 10.000 tracks per device for up to 5 devices.

Comments
Apsco

This needs to be changed or I will be cancelling my subscription.

Bait_Andswitced

Premium Account = Unlimited = LIMITS imposed... Customer is King, but Spotify is Emperor & which just goes to show you that companies like Spotify management do not really care what we want, revenue increase for them is the all important.  It would seem that a Unlimited Premium account were just words, but you would think they would realize that family might like to use the system in different ways, like Netflix allows. Then later after being baited they switched to Unlimited = LIMITS imposed – bit of a con really to use those specific words 'Unlimited' then impose limits

Sadly is seems Spotify only cares about $ and not really care what their their customers think. It the days of multi platform, multiple devices this is really a stupid way to proceed. My family should be able to have their own music on their own phones and devices / tablet without having an effect on mine. I certainly do not ever remember seeing 9999 or 3333 when they took my contract or monthly installment

luisenriquejz

Hello, it seems absurd that having a cell phone with sufficient capacity is the application that does not allow downloading more songs, many people make long trips and we consider it necessary and urgent to increase the number of downloads

whatisdelicious

Unless this limit is removed or at least, as this idea suggests, made more flexible, like Apsco, I will also be canceling my subscription.

I just returned to Spotify after a few months of trying out the revamped Apple Music and while in general I do believe Spotify is a much better service, this limit simply doesn't work for me. I finally have a phone with enough storage space for all my music, allowing me to shuffle my entire library without using data, and I intend to use it. Apple Music is an inferior service but works well enough and allows me to download my entire library that I would rather switch to it than deal with Spotify's arbitrary limit on offline music.

Batchy12

Dear Spotify 

Absolutely love your product & as a new user I am delighted with it... Apart from the limit of 9999. This is a serious drawback & I am actively considering changing to another provider - please consider changing this & upping the limit soon as I am very close to canceling my subscription - additionally was about to upgrade to family premium for my partner but will not if other providers offer a better service in terms of capacity - surely if others are better in this respect it would be sensible business practice to at least match their improved limits or even exceed - that would be a market advantage for you. 

Kind regards

STEPHEN

leekyuh

I moved my comment to here.

agothman

I can't wait to replace spotify after being stuck at this doenload limit for a few months. I've had the premium account for years. the download limit sucks b@lls. dealing with the updates corrupting installs and loosing downloads was worth the hassel but screw this limit. There's got to be something better out there.

wsmyth

Are you listening Spotify?

cd59

I am new to spotify. I spent a full day to make nice playlists and have ~7000 songs now. And then I discovered that there is a 3333 song limit. TOTALLY ANNOYING and perpaps a reason to abandon spotify again and look for a alternative...

Bummer!

glisteningcakes

I agree. I pretty much exclusively use iTunes but don't really dig Apple. I have an Android phone and was offered the 3 months at 99 cents deal. The more I got used to spotify, I figured, this is for me! I love the setup and having lists available on all kinds of devices but then I discovered THE LIMIT! i currently have 13,000 songs on my iPod and adding daily, so on the limit and the limit alone, I went from, we need this family plan now! to I guess I'll look into Apple Music or Google Play Music. I don't want my library limited when I'm on planes or in locations lacking internet. Plus a lot of people don't have unlimited data to be always streaming. The limit is weak and it's the only place your service sucks. Unfortunately it's a big enough weakness for me to bounce.