Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] All 9999 offline Tracks assigned to a single Device

Currently there is a limit of 9999 downloaded tracks spread acress 3 devices (3333 tracks per device). This means if you have a large playlist you are stuck with a subset on a deivce or swap device. 

My idea is that this 9999 tracks be more dynamic, it should be that I can use my 9999 tracks on any of my devices and just one if I so wish. 

Please can this be implemented as it will allow a much more user friendly experience and allows people with a large playlist the freedom of having that playlist on their device without having to cut down the list or split it across devices.

Updated on 2018-09-12

At Spotify, we’re always working on improving the experience for our users. We can now confirm that we have increased the number of offline tracks per device - from 3333 on 3 devices to 10.000 tracks per device for up to 5 devices.

Comments
randomuser3

This needs to be a thing !!! Change it, why can't you listen to your paying customers !!

9i_f8t-vu9dx6

Why do local files count towards my limit? These are MY OWN files and NOT the property of Spotify. Ridiculous!

9i_f8t-vu9dx6

Why do local files count towards my limit? These are MY OWN files and NOT the property of Spotify. Ridiculous!

RobNO97

Can we at least know why you don't want to accept this? 

Jessesjiew

Is it possible just to disable the error message whenever I log into Spotify on my device where I have reached the maximum songs?

kkrisdal

This is the reason I changed to Google play music.

o-q1ddda_287

I have just recently hit this limit and exclusively listen through my phone. I also have a limited data allowance, but an unlimited wifi, so I tend to download everything so that I don’t use data whilst not home. A change to this limit would be greatly appreciated 

robigouk

Hi guys just wanted you all to know that Deezer lets you download as many as you like for offline use!

Samitch04

Even though this is a bandaid solution to the bigger problem of the offline limitations. 

The whole idea of being alloted 9999 songs but you have to divide between three devices is absoulutly stupid. 

since pay for a limitation, we should at least be able to use those limits in whatever way we choose, 1 device or 3, ten thousand songs or less.

But Spotify has such a bullheaded idiotic stance on this. 

I'm building my library independant of spotify and am looking forward to the day i get to cancel my membership. 

PeterJenkins

I have just run into this limit - utterly incredible in this day and age. With this and the inability to disable Shuffle Play, I'm now looking at closing off my Premium account and going to Google Play. There is no good technical reason for this at all, and if like many people you most use Spotify for on road playback it is a decisive factor in changing providers