Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] All 9999 offline Tracks assigned to a single Device

Currently there is a limit of 9999 downloaded tracks spread acress 3 devices (3333 tracks per device). This means if you have a large playlist you are stuck with a subset on a deivce or swap device. 

My idea is that this 9999 tracks be more dynamic, it should be that I can use my 9999 tracks on any of my devices and just one if I so wish. 

Please can this be implemented as it will allow a much more user friendly experience and allows people with a large playlist the freedom of having that playlist on their device without having to cut down the list or split it across devices.

Updated on 2018-09-12

At Spotify, we’re always working on improving the experience for our users. We can now confirm that we have increased the number of offline tracks per device - from 3333 on 3 devices to 10.000 tracks per device for up to 5 devices.

Comments
Rissed

Hi folks at Spotify! Not trying to be a pain, I’m honestly fine with accepting the 3,333-song limit to one device if it could just be explained to me. Is there a real reason why it’s any less feasible to let a single device house the full collection of a single account?

maxvk

The limit of 3333 songs is pathetic, it's year 2018 not 1998. I guess the only way not deal with this limit is to switch to the competition. I am tired of wasting my time by deciding which songs to keep and which to remove.

robigouk

Hi @maxvk@Rissed

fyi Deezer allows you to download as many tracks as you like for offline use 🙂  

dsbjorn

Bye bye spotify..

Welcome Deezer..

Suppressorj

after being a long time spotify user i remember reading that the limit was 10,000 a while back and just checked with it being 9,999 and that's cool. The issue i have is with it being spread over 3 devices, making your limit 1/3 of that 9,999. the longer you have spotify then the larger your music library is going to become. what's the use in adding songs you have available to listen to with new releases of albums when the limit you can have isn't increasing. and over time spotify is going to keep releasing more and more music and more people are going to hit this wall. it's like the average storage people have on their devices, say a phone. 10 years ago with a micro SD lets call it 16 GB, now an average phone storage would be 64 GB. my numbers are just guesses but you can see my argument, the limit needs increasing

robigouk

@Suppressorj wrote:

after being a long time spotify user i remember reading that the limit was 10,000 a while back and just checked with it being 9,999 and that's cool. The issue i have is with it being spread over 3 devices, making your limit 1/3 of that 9,999. the longer you have spotify then the larger your music library is going to become. what's the use in adding songs you have available to listen to with new releases of albums when the limit you can have isn't increasing. and over time spotify is going to keep releasing more and more music and more people are going to hit this wall. it's like the average storage people have on their devices, say a phone. 10 years ago with a micro SD lets call it 16 GB, now an average phone storage would be 64 GB. my numbers are just guesses but you can see my argument, the limit needs increasing

fyi Deezer lets you download as much as you want for off line use 🙂 

Hoser1990

Still seems ridiculous that we are paying to be able to have access to the songs we want "all the time". Though, we have to be limited to just 3,333 on a device. So I am just supposed to a) go out and buy another device to have other songs downloaded too, and b) then designate specific genres, and artists to specific devices? What kind of sense does that make?

dsbjorn

Maybe Deezer and Spotify could work togehter?

Make it Dotify?

With kind regards

256 gigabyte..

SahkilValysse

There should be NO limit.

Or at least explain who is paying you in order to limit your "valuable" clients.

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Implemented

Updated on 2018-09-12

At Spotify, we’re always working on improving the experience for our users. We can now confirm that we have increased the number of offline tracks per device - from 3333 on 3 devices to 10.000 tracks per device for up to 5 devices.