Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] All 9999 offline Tracks assigned to a single Device

Currently there is a limit of 9999 downloaded tracks spread acress 3 devices (3333 tracks per device). This means if you have a large playlist you are stuck with a subset on a deivce or swap device. 

My idea is that this 9999 tracks be more dynamic, it should be that I can use my 9999 tracks on any of my devices and just one if I so wish. 

Please can this be implemented as it will allow a much more user friendly experience and allows people with a large playlist the freedom of having that playlist on their device without having to cut down the list or split it across devices.

Updated on 2018-09-12

At Spotify, we’re always working on improving the experience for our users. We can now confirm that we have increased the number of offline tracks per device - from 3333 on 3 devices to 10.000 tracks per device for up to 5 devices.

Comments
wsmyth

@rossisdead

Are you complaining?

Just wondering.

truest

I cannot believe it!!!!!!!!
Thank you sooooooooo muuuuuuch!!!!!

ingejanse

Shoeman

A little too late. Moved to Apple Music a year ago because of this issue and the absurd removal of folder playlist shuffle. After all this time there still no way to shuffle folders anymore and although the limit raised now after years of users complanins, gess what - other services have no limit at all.

Jconra

Same here. Nice try though. They actually increased the limit to 50k songs, but still with a limitation per device. If the limit is now 50k somgs, why should a user not be able to decide whether he wants to use this on 1 or multiple devices? But anyway, Apple music does not have this limitstion AND has twice the totsl limit. SomI won’t be switching back anytime soon...