Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] All 9999 offline Tracks assigned to a single Device

Currently there is a limit of 9999 downloaded tracks spread acress 3 devices (3333 tracks per device). This means if you have a large playlist you are stuck with a subset on a deivce or swap device. 

My idea is that this 9999 tracks be more dynamic, it should be that I can use my 9999 tracks on any of my devices and just one if I so wish. 

Please can this be implemented as it will allow a much more user friendly experience and allows people with a large playlist the freedom of having that playlist on their device without having to cut down the list or split it across devices.

Updated on 2018-09-12

At Spotify, we’re always working on improving the experience for our users. We can now confirm that we have increased the number of offline tracks per device - from 3333 on 3 devices to 10.000 tracks per device for up to 5 devices.

Comments
The_One1
Please for the love of god Spotify listen to what your customers want and do something about it..
new-horizons

Well, this was the reason why I dumped Spotify some 2 or 3 years ago. There were many features that I liked about Spotify but this silly limit was the absolute deal breaker for me. I switched to the competitors. From time to time I check if something changed at Spotify, but these guys seem quite stubborn. Apparently they don't want my money. So be it. Good night, Spotify execs, dream on.

Cheers everybody.

SpeshulEd

I hit my download limit this morning. I'm not even sure why something like this would be put in place. Seems silly and dumb. 

The sad thing is, it's simple coding and after 5 pages of comments, they still haven't done anything. They must be too busy cleaning up the **bleep** windows app they keep updating.

sleepyone76

For $10/month they really dicate your options. Unless I missed something, I didnt read that in the terms and conditions where you were only allowed to download 3333 songs each across 3 devices.

Its great when you make the reguest, they just advise what they cannot do rather explain why. Awesome customer support. Not even a phone number to speak with a live agent either.

Unbentcrayfish

I'be been really happy paying for Spotify. Now that I have reached a limit... I doubt I will continue to use their premium service. It was nice while it lasted it. I wonder how apple music is? Or I could go back to torrents. 😕

Please please please do something to raise the arbitrary download limit of 3333 per device. It's not a huge number and I see no reason why it should be the limit. I also don't imagine it would be difficult to raise. I'm considering switching to another service solely to avoid this issue, which is sad as i am otherwise very happy with Spotify.

sofiama

agree completely. why should i be punished for only using spotify on one device? the streams work the same on my one phone as they would on my phone + two other devices. also, it would be even better to be able to pay a slightly higher price to be able to have even more offline tracks (two to five dollars extra a month to have a few thousand more offline tracks or so). sadly, if this issue is not resolved, i will be leaving spotify soon for another streaming site. i refuse to pay $10 a month for only 3,000 tracks to keep having to delete old ones in favor of downloading new ones.

Ritxi1976

El limite debe subir a los 60,000  al igual que Google music, al menos. El universo se tracks es de más de 30 millones!!!!!! al menos tener acceso offline al 0.2%..

tavthoughts

I agree. This low limit is very frustrating to avid music listeners like myself

tavthoughts

FIX IT SPOTIFY PLEASE I BEG OF YOU