[All Platforms] All 9999 offline Tracks assigned to a single Device

Currently there is a limit of 9999 downloaded tracks spread acress 3 devices (3333 tracks per device). This means if you have a large playlist you are stuck with a subset on a deivce or swap device. 

My idea is that this 9999 tracks be more dynamic, it should be that I can use my 9999 tracks on any of my devices and just one if I so wish. 

Please can this be implemented as it will allow a much more user friendly experience and allows people with a large playlist the freedom of having that playlist on their device without having to cut down the list or split it across devices.

Updated on 2018-09-12

At Spotify, we’re always working on improving the experience for our users. We can now confirm that we have increased the number of offline tracks per device - from 3333 on 3 devices to 10.000 tracks per device for up to 5 devices.

Comments
andres21aj
Casual Listener

MORE OFFLINE MUSIC PLEASE! This is ABSOLUTELY necessary for people travelling all the time!

benknight73
Casual Listener

Spotify is so close to being THE only streaming service you can truly rely on, but this limit seems so silly, especially when every other service completely outstrips their download cap. Can someone at least explain the reasoning behind the restriction?

Skybreen

I am super frustrated. I just bought a iPhone with 128gb so I could have room for all the music I want with Spotify, and just learned there's a limit. 9999 is even low but to have it split 3333 per device is ridiculous. I like Spotifys service but I believe with Apple Music you can have 100,000 songs! Come on Spotify!!! We need more room for playlists and to download. Especially over time I/people will want more space as their Spotify library grows. Listen to your users! Even if not everyone reaches their limit, it doesn't affect those that don't if you increase it! 

dhdhbyby

Cancelling my subscription and moving to Google. had enough of this useless 3000 song offline limit.

link117

I think there shouldn't be a limit on how many tracks you have in your library to download for offline use. My reasoning is we are paying $10 a month for premium effects, so why limit our access? That to me doesn't make sense. Usually when you buy something or purchase a premium feature you get everything that you couldn't get as a free version. Limiting the number of songs that can be downloaded just makes me feel as though I am not getting my moneys worth.

benknight73
Casual Listener

It's with great regret that I'm moving back to Apple Music. It's certainly a little more sluggish in terms of loading times, but not being able to use the most popular streaming service with an Apple Watch and download more than 3,333 songs to one device is crazy. Also, the curation on AM is certainly less 'mainstream' and allows listeners to discover new music more easily.

Real shame as Spotify were pioneers, just seems their stubborness is going to allow other players into the race.

I, Too, definitely would love to have all 9999 on a single device.

TheRealMick

I might change apps now... 2 more weeks of 3, 333 songs then ill go google play or amazon. Used google before and loved it. Spotify was cool while it lasted but this puts a bad taste in my mouth--who wants to open an app they used 10+ times a day to be reminded of this out dated limitation. Hardware is easy to buy to allow us to store 10k songs... bought a huge SD card cause I hate limits. I buy a subscription service because I want limitless music. This is very disappointing spotify team. Thanks for the cool community guys, but I'm out!

dhdhbyby
Yup I already switched to Google - have 50GB + synced with more coming.
Will upgrade to the Family Plan for Christmas too.

Spotify you lost my business sorry to say.

DH
SpeshulEd
Casual Listener

It's annoying that I can't download more than 3333 songs...what's more annoying is the app telling me I've reached my download limit every time I open it.

Also, the roku app looks like it's from 2004 and I no longer receive notifications about new music at all. C'mon.