[All Platforms] Bookmark Position in an Audiobook or Podcast

Hey there,

Now that Spotify have added a bunch of Audiobooks and Podcasts, I think it would be a nice idea to have the option to:
Pause your audiobook/podcast > go back to listening to music > and then be able to get back to your book/podcast and pick up where you left of, without having to memorize the time that you paused.

What do you think?

Have a good enough day!

< moderator edits >

Updated on 2018-10-15

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

We're setting this one to implemented.
Although there's not a specific 'bookmarking' feature, Spotify does now keep track of where you left off in a podcast, and store that progress for you across your devices and sessions.

If you'd like to see the same behaviour for audio books, we'd recommend making a new Community Idea for this. In the meantime, we've passed all of your feedback along to the right teams.

Thanks!

Comments

This is a must have to listen to audiobooks. Without it is terrible not to know at which position you stopped listening.

Casual Listener

Spotify,

I'm sorry but this is a evidence of incapacity. This thread is more than half a year old and bookmark function for audio books is still not implemented. How many years are you guys on the market yet?

Apple Music got this very simple feature implemented from the very beginning. I don't like it to praise Apple nowadays, but they and you just proved again: Apple might not be as good as they used to before - Apple products' quality dropped really bad. But they are still better than their competitors. Because competitors are incapable to think sth. out and to try hard.

You guys list audio books without a bookmark function. And you can't fix it. WTF??? WHY? There's no excuse, that's just lame.

>> Bye Spotify, back to Apple. I don't like Apple anymore, but you're just more incompetent than they are.

For me it's the most interesting feature to have. It makes sense in music and audiobooks. Please implement as fast as possible!!

user-removed
Not applicable

In order for audiobooks to work we need two things - a smart search option for audiobooks and a smart listening option for audiobooks. If both can not be included in the current player, perhaps you want to consider coding a seperate player for audiobooks?

Entering an album with audiobook tracks and watching the huge "shuffle" button is at the best "funny" but certainly not a serious business idea.

Still not on your development roadmap? I would love this functionality!

Please make this happen!

Hi,

like RealRusty still said, its near 2 years ago, and still on status "Not right now"... we call that a pritty slow development. 

This issues will make sence for all fans of listening "audio book" or "audio drama". I currently do the workaround by making a short screenshot. But every time i continue listening i have to scroll down or search for that point... thats not a good solution. 

Please set the priority a little higher.

Thanks Whizz

Casual Listener
I send them a Tweet too and almost instantaneously got a reply:

"Hi there. Thanks for the feedback. We'll make sure it's passed on to the
right team! /TC"
Not a good solution, because there is no download permitted from Spotify
with app Audiobook player for Spotify

I actually canceled my subscription by now. Clearly Spotify doesn't give a rats **bleep** about the customers. It's such an easy and reasonable fix. I'm with audible and apple music by now. 

There was an app called audiobook player for Spotify on the market and got withdrawn. I guess Spotify had their hands in play with it while not implementing it by them selfes. Shame..