Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Bookmark Position in an Audiobook or Podcast

Hey there,

Now that Spotify have added a bunch of Audiobooks and Podcasts, I think it would be a nice idea to have the option to:
Pause your audiobook/podcast > go back to listening to music > and then be able to get back to your book/podcast and pick up where you left of, without having to memorize the time that you paused.

What do you think?

Have a good enough day!

< moderator edits >

Updated on 2018-10-15

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

We're setting this one to implemented.
Although there's not a specific 'bookmarking' feature, Spotify does now keep track of where you left off in a podcast, and store that progress for you across your devices and sessions.

If you'd like to see the same behaviour for audio books, we'd recommend making a new Community Idea for this. In the meantime, we've passed all of your feedback along to the right teams.

Thanks!

Comments
dr-ebi

For me it's the most interesting feature to have. It makes sense in music and audiobooks. Please implement as fast as possible!!

wakeboarder1969

For listening audiobooks it is essential to have a bookmark feature! Pls realize it!

schnirks

I support this useful idea.

Please implement it. Sometimes I wish to hear music and then I wish to switch back to my audiobook. Today it is very painful to do this, because I have to remember at witch position I stopped the audiobook.

For me it will become one of the most used features.

schnapper04
The best Idea ever! This feature is the only i miss on Spotify!
ikeaboy15

I totally agree.

It's unacceptable that this idea has been moved to Spotify's back burner.

Audible, hoopla and OneClickDigital (the last 2 platforms are available for free through libraries in the US) have this functionality.

Until Spotify implements it, audiobooks are DOA.

dibiasemichele

I would even pay extra for that feature. It's a pain to switch between audiobooks and music when you have to remember where you left your audiobook. I even tried to build an IFTT to solve the problem but that should be a function in Spotify. 

Hamti_Damti
I need this feature now! How hard can it be to get this done? I love Spotify but it's very demanding to get back in your audiobook after listingen to music. Please give us that feature, Ohhhhhh Lord:-)
zahni

YES, please. Searching the last played position in a audiobook-playlist is horrible.

NightScape

The more I'm using Spotify the more I'm missing features like that.

fialex

I would really love to see that feature, too! 

It would be perfect for audiobooks.