Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Bookmark Position in an Audiobook or Podcast

Hey there,

Now that Spotify have added a bunch of Audiobooks and Podcasts, I think it would be a nice idea to have the option to:
Pause your audiobook/podcast > go back to listening to music > and then be able to get back to your book/podcast and pick up where you left of, without having to memorize the time that you paused.

What do you think?

Have a good enough day!

< moderator edits >

Updated on 2018-10-15

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

We're setting this one to implemented.
Although there's not a specific 'bookmarking' feature, Spotify does now keep track of where you left off in a podcast, and store that progress for you across your devices and sessions.

If you'd like to see the same behaviour for audio books, we'd recommend making a new Community Idea for this. In the meantime, we've passed all of your feedback along to the right teams.

Thanks!

Comments
reisman234

Hello, this feature shout be in state "very important". Always when i open spotify in offline mode, it has forgotten the last position of my audio book or when i change the playlist of course . I'm a programmer and i think this is not to difficult to realize. In Spotify is already a list of "Last Played" (List of Last played playlists), there should be the track added too.

Nevertheless, it was cool to find out that i can hear audio books in spotify ^^ and i very appreciate this feature in Spotify.

reisman

Thomas_Korbel

Make it happen 🙂 

klookster11

Yeah, please make it a function & category like "Podcasts". Give the people what they want! 🙂

As a little workaround, there's a great app called "Spooks", which lists all Spotify Audiobooks and you can start and stop where you like!

philipp_hh

@klookster11: When I want to play an audio book with Spooks, it only links to Spotify which then opens in Safari or the Spotify app.

Flactail
Hi there again,
There is a great Android App available named “Audiobookplayer for Spotify“.
It is almost perfect, but Spotify doesn't allow third party apps to
download tracks. So it is worthless.
Please -Spotify Guys -look at the app and release a Audio book App. I
belief you are able to.
Best regards
Hubert
klookster11
Hi philipp_hh, yes, I noticed that, too, which is pretty odd. I was shure
it worked in-app before... one more reason for Spotify to get that done.. 😉
but at least the app is a directory for audiobooks and for me that's worth
a lot. Sorry for raising false expectations.
justsaywhoa

Yes, PLEASE! I would really, really love that feature, too!

tomeli

Still not on your development roadmap? I would love this functionality!

Ellyva

Please implement!!!

I can't beliebe that Spotify provides an audiobook player without the option of placing bookmarks. Even deezer users can use bookmarks.