Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Bookmark Position in an Audiobook or Podcast

Hey there,

Now that Spotify have added a bunch of Audiobooks and Podcasts, I think it would be a nice idea to have the option to:
Pause your audiobook/podcast > go back to listening to music > and then be able to get back to your book/podcast and pick up where you left of, without having to memorize the time that you paused.

What do you think?

Have a good enough day!

< moderator edits >

Updated on 2018-10-15

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

We're setting this one to implemented.
Although there's not a specific 'bookmarking' feature, Spotify does now keep track of where you left off in a podcast, and store that progress for you across your devices and sessions.

If you'd like to see the same behaviour for audio books, we'd recommend making a new Community Idea for this. In the meantime, we've passed all of your feedback along to the right teams.

Thanks!

Comments
stunner2002

Why are we still waiting for a feature like this? Listening to podcasts and audiobooks makes absolutely no sense. This is a must have feature if your advertising a feature like this.

pete12345

spotify is **bleep** and stays **bleep**. they make so much horrible decisions and dont communicate with the community at all. im so much happier since changing to deezer. **bleep** there isnt even a **bleep** spotify app for most smart tvs anymore since spotify took it back to "update it". deezer has it all guys. never missed any tracks i played on spotify. there are even websites helping you rebuilding your playlists in deezer and vice versa with a few simple clicks.. the only thing spotify will listen to is money, so show them your backs and leave this **bleep**ing unfriendly company

Mitch1266
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm going to try that other one.
Steinclau

When will you realise this requirement? It's been raised long ago.

Tinilein

Hi,

I got the same Idear. As I see this one exists for a long time and there isn‘t any kind of option like this now. Really sad!

murpsel

2015 - Not right now, ok. 

How about three years later? Enough time to grasp the brilliance of this minute change, making audio books actually usable?

Thanks for your kind consideration!

czarny1906

Hey, what's the status now?

rugata

So,

after 3 years of waiting for this addon, nothing has changed. There are so many comments and suggestions that this feature is really needed when you like to hear audiobook and music seperated! Why don`t you want to improve your program. In my opinion this kind of feature is essential for hearing audiobooks. I mean you already made something like this for podcasts.
I have really problems when i switched from my songs to my current audiobook with 700 files. How should I know where I was when i stopped, when I often cannot the titlenumber of the current track because the title is that long...

I will post this on every comment I will find, with the hope you would read this. A lot of users have the dame problems, but the most don't use the spotify community (please just keep that in mind!).

brtx

It's three years later. Any news regarding that idea? I know many people which would really appreciate this feature.

qbenni

Please implement this, it's incredibly annoying.