Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Bookmark Position in an Audiobook or Podcast

Hey there,

Now that Spotify have added a bunch of Audiobooks and Podcasts, I think it would be a nice idea to have the option to:
Pause your audiobook/podcast > go back to listening to music > and then be able to get back to your book/podcast and pick up where you left of, without having to memorize the time that you paused.

What do you think?

Have a good enough day!

< moderator edits >

Updated on 2018-10-15

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

We're setting this one to implemented.
Although there's not a specific 'bookmarking' feature, Spotify does now keep track of where you left off in a podcast, and store that progress for you across your devices and sessions.

If you'd like to see the same behaviour for audio books, we'd recommend making a new Community Idea for this. In the meantime, we've passed all of your feedback along to the right teams.

Thanks!

Comments
mark_was_here

Ich bin Programmierer und finde es UNGLAUBLICH, dass ihr für so eine Lapalie nicht in zwei Jahren zur Verfügung stellt. Sobald ich einen Anbieter finde, der das kann, bin ich weg.

Ihr solltet euch etwas schämen. Gibt es für dieses Verhalten Gründe?

I 'm a programmer and think it's quite unbelievable, that it is not archievable to you, to enable somithing easy like that for almost 2 years. As soon as another streaming service is offering somthing like this, i 'm gone.

A little bit shame on you. Are there any reasons for that?

Anianka

Love this idea and was thinking about the same - and I guess there could be a quick solution similar to the blue dot marking new podcasts. I really hope the feature gets implemented soon! 

philipp_hh

Still waiting for this feature...

ChrisFor

What does "not right now" mean?

I think this feature should not be rocket science for a company like yours. I hope you will implement it soon. 

hawaiihemd

That's really cumbersome! The people beagin for this feature since two years now.. what's up Spotify, not hip enough?

erba

Switched to Deezer... 

mark_was_here

Does Deezer have this feature? The services, i have testet, doesn't support this feature too...

erba

Mark_was_here there's an app inside Deezer for audiobooks and it has this "bookmark" functionality. 

one_71

I am testing the premium abo.  This feature is basic once you offer audio books, otherwise  they are useless. Cannot believe you  do not have it! 

pilliwiddli

Audiobooks without bookmarks? This makes no sense...

Please add this feature.