Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Bookmark Position in an Audiobook or Podcast

Hey there,

Now that Spotify have added a bunch of Audiobooks and Podcasts, I think it would be a nice idea to have the option to:
Pause your audiobook/podcast > go back to listening to music > and then be able to get back to your book/podcast and pick up where you left of, without having to memorize the time that you paused.

What do you think?

Have a good enough day!

< moderator edits >

Updated on 2018-10-15

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

We're setting this one to implemented.
Although there's not a specific 'bookmarking' feature, Spotify does now keep track of where you left off in a podcast, and store that progress for you across your devices and sessions.

If you'd like to see the same behaviour for audio books, we'd recommend making a new Community Idea for this. In the meantime, we've passed all of your feedback along to the right teams.

Thanks!

Comments
VivaLaBenjii

I don't know if this is a situation other people find themselves in, but I often want to listen to an entire playlist or album but end up needing to do something else. By the time I get back I might want to listen to something else but don't want to lose my spot in the album/playlist.

I think it would be great if there was a simple bookmark feature to remember where you were. Thoughts?

Vincenntb

Please, Pretty please do this.  /\

I

I

Djmackparty

Happens to me a lot,  the best place to put it is in the pop up menu under the ‘3 dots’. The trick is decideding how far back you want to go.. sometimes I end up wandering through albums, other artists and then different albums ...so do you want to be anchored to the original play list, or just one album back? 

eldavidoo

i totally support this idea!

it is realy annoying that everytime when you switch to music, or the internet connection gets lost, or after a phone restart, you loose your 'marker' in the audiobook playlist..

please get away from: 'not right now'..

this statement (not right now) is older than 2 years 

thank you!

G_Z_E

I am also listing to audio books, so I am missing this function very much. It's complicated to switch between listening to the audio book and music. Must remember the track of the audio book, to return to it later.

IWantSunshine

Exactly my thoughts! This is my biggest and most common problem, i.e. that Spotify doesn't remember my positions in playlists and keeps starting them from the very beginning upon returning to them.

janewins

THis post was from 2015--is there a way to pause a book and come back to it to find the place you left off or not?

dre1234

Please implement that features. It is crucial to listen to audio books.

lkrebs1411

This is a great idea - I'm listening to an audiobook of 8 hrs length with lots and lots of chapters. It sucks to have to count through all the chapters to find the one where i stopped. Spotify is able to show where the podcasts stopped and we are able to continue in the exact second where we stopped listening. Please find a solution to make this work for audiobooks, too - this would be a great help 🙂

christianhuber2

why is this still an request ... 
this feature is requested since early 2012 and is still marked as maybe implemented later ..