Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Bookmark Position in an Audiobook or Podcast

Hey there,

Now that Spotify have added a bunch of Audiobooks and Podcasts, I think it would be a nice idea to have the option to:
Pause your audiobook/podcast > go back to listening to music > and then be able to get back to your book/podcast and pick up where you left of, without having to memorize the time that you paused.

What do you think?

Have a good enough day!

< moderator edits >

Updated on 2018-10-15

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

We're setting this one to implemented.
Although there's not a specific 'bookmarking' feature, Spotify does now keep track of where you left off in a podcast, and store that progress for you across your devices and sessions.

If you'd like to see the same behaviour for audio books, we'd recommend making a new Community Idea for this. In the meantime, we've passed all of your feedback along to the right teams.

Thanks!

Comments
Morebit
Audio Bookmarks Are Not useable with out this Feature! Not if you like to listen music meantime If each playlist/album remember his own position shoulders be enough. And if there is a sync between all Used devices it is great. Please spotify Do something for useful audio Books!
Morebit
Remember in Album or playlist shoulders be enough for the First Time.
ernst725

I love audiobooks and I really need this feature!!!

m_hillebrand
Exactly! This idea would make listening to audio books on Spotify so much better! I would love to change my audible account into a spotify premium account if spotify would no more disregard its actually genius number of audio books in this careless way. It would be great if there was a short report about the content of the audio book, and an extra section only for audio books (next to browse, your music etc).
Get it dine

In order for audiobooks to work we need two things - a smart search option for audiobooks and a smart listening option for audiobooks. If both can not be included in the current player, perhaps you want to consider coding a seperate player for audiobooks?

Entering an album with audiobook tracks and watching the huge "shuffle" button is at the best "funny" but certainly not a serious business idea.

Not right now since month now? In my opinion this is really embarrassing for Spotify. Every longer audiobook made available is worth nothing without this feature. What do you expect from listeners? Saving the current track every time you stop listening as favorite like cave monkeys? For me, this is a reason to cancel my account and use Audible again.

phija
+1
doktor_v
This feature would really be a massive improvement. Hope to have it soon.
arni11
Hi, I really really wonder how ignorant Spotify is!?
More and more users request this, and nothing, absolutely nothing happens since more than one year!

Hey Spotify CEO what ist your definition of customer satisfaction?
Have you ever used an audio book with your app? I guess not, because then you would have seen that it is nearly impossible because of the missing bookmark feature.