Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[All Platforms] Bookmark Position in an Audiobook or Podcast

Hey there,

Now that Spotify have added a bunch of Audiobooks and Podcasts, I think it would be a nice idea to have the option to:
Pause your audiobook/podcast > go back to listening to music > and then be able to get back to your book/podcast and pick up where you left of, without having to memorize the time that you paused.

What do you think?

Have a good enough day!

< moderator edits >

Updated on 2018-10-15

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Community.

We're setting this one to implemented.
Although there's not a specific 'bookmarking' feature, Spotify does now keep track of where you left off in a podcast, and store that progress for you across your devices and sessions.

If you'd like to see the same behaviour for audio books, we'd recommend making a new Community Idea for this. In the meantime, we've passed all of your feedback along to the right teams.

Thanks!

Comments
Bobo7
This guys are unbelievable..
goodguy

I was about to suggest the same thing.

Would be great if you implemented it spotify!

Fedmax
Pleeeeaaaase
Zomtecos
Reallöhne? Still bot implemented? What a shame.

Please realize: audiobooks are NOT music. They deserve a different behavior and most important: they have to remember your last positions! That's the main reason why j haven't listened to audiobooks till now.
alaska02

Okay, if this feature isn't implemented until the end of august, I'll switch to Deezer!

In Audiobooks there is no need of a shuffle button . 

And what about a sleeptimer? Not just in Audiobooks? Set 25 min. to stop playing music / Audiobooks 

homi2708

Bookmark would be nice. 

jonzobonzo

Oh my goodness this would make a world of difference! Is any reason given as to why this is marked as "not right now"??

rockinroc
+1
artemandarins
Hi, I had the same idea. It would be really great if you could incorporate such a function. I hear many audiobooks on Spotify, and it is super hard to find the correct chapter when they heard something in between.